Possible Stolen Car????

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
So what do you all think. Remember my write up here http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88451
about the car on craiglist. Well before it was removed I email the "seller" and they responded with this email. I replied asking for more photos so IF this car is stolen maybe the photos will be of help.

QUOTE FROM EMAIL

"Hi,
I am emailing you regarding the Toyota Supra TURBO,
that I have for sale on Craigslist.The vehicle looks and works perfect. As you see it has a lot of options. No hidden problems and never involved in any kind of accidents, ONLY 65,000 miles. The VIN# is: JT2MA71J6K0130777 I prefer closing the transaction trough their Vehicle Purchase Protection system because we are both protected. If you don't know how does the eBay Vehicle.Purchase Protection Program work please let me know so I can help you.I used it several times (as a seller but as well as a buyer) and everything was perfect.I know is best that we speak over the phone but due to my hearing problem is very hard for me to communicate with the potential buyer on the phone, i hope this won't complicate the transaction.The vehicle was inspected by eBay. As well, shipping & handling fees are included in the final price ($2,700.00).
If you are interested please let me know your shipping details so I can open a transaction case.
Thank you!

P.S. If you need pics just ask!!!"""

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I doubt he has the car at all.

E-bay doe not inspect vehicles btw.

The e-Bay VPP only counts for cars purchased upon e-Bay, and it has nothing to do with "inspections".

http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/purchase-protection/index.html

You're dealing with a scumbag. He probably doesn't have the car at all. Note his convenient excuse to not talk to you on the phone... At some point he'll want some "fee" or "downpayment" from you (100% refundable of course) and when he gets that, you'll never hear form him again...

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
It if looks like a duck and smells like a duck its a duck. About two years ago I almost bought a bike on ebay. It was super cheap and the guy gave me a long story about how we could not talk on the phone. In the meantime I had email another seller different bike and to my surprise I got the same exact reply word for word. I did not buy it and soon after it was flagged. Be careful about these sellers that only leave an email adress with no phone #. They will give you a million reasons why they cant talk on the phone or why their selling so cheap (daughter in hospital, Have cancer, away on business trip. Just be careful.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
not always true, i have sold 5 cars on ebay, i never give out my phone...i bought a cellphone for a reason and will never have a home phone again. i hate telemarketing and if i post my phone # it can then be entered into a database by anybody! i have worked for firms that do nothing more than scout the internet and make databases of info to sell to marketing firms. if you make it public info they can use it!

what i always do with vehicle purchases is ask the seller for a picture of an obscure part of the car (ie the floorboards or such) that they already do not have a pict of. if they cannot provide it, they are scamming you... or they are not willing to work to sell the car. take no excuses as this is proof that they are in possesion of the car and are at least willing to work for a sale.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
here is the kicker.... the car is not on ebay! I received another email from the "seller" with more pictures. If you recognize the car I will post them on the board so you can tell me more about it. It's a white car with clear corners, maroon interior, a 1jzgte motor, stock buzzsaws.