possible short to ground? or bad ground

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
I finally got interior power to my supra last night, IT WAS AMAZING TO HEAR THE BEEP AGAIN! :p but the issue was my dvd player aint working, its a new install but i had wired it in using a adapter to the stock plug, when i bought the car it had a cd player in it so basically it was as easy as soldering in new wires to the old ones, but here is what is happening

ign power = is getting 12V of power
12v constant = getting no power

so what i did was jumped a 12V source i installed for my kill switch, and put it to the 12V constant, TADA power to the DVD player. But the issue then came it blew a fuse and evey light in the car dimmed down, the little light around the key was flickering, I also blew a fuse :(

i'm currently attempting to search through the TSRM to find the ground for the radio and see if maybe its just got a shit connection or something. If all else fails i've got a dedicated battery ground BUS in the inside of the interior of the car. And can just wire in a new ign and constant on that system to.

anyone disagree?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

just realized i posted in engine tech section. Sorry mods :p i saw electrical section is still down, but i guess general would have been the correct area.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

probably has nothing to do with it but noticed TEMS switch wasnt doing anything, but i'm not sure if it was fully connected lol

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
4AC70.jpg

m6Y7f.jpg

problem is there still, ran a ground directly to the battery, and a 12V constant directly to the battery, i have a feeling its just the battery i noticed after charging it for 24 hours it only held 10V

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
Nick M;1747770 said:
Where are you testing this? At the radio harness?

yes i was.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

hvyman;1747533 said:
How many amps does the cd player use? Might be too much for that circuit.

I have got no idea. Unless it says somewhere on Dual's website i think it was a dual xdvd700

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
After you sort the through the harness issue, the radio will probably turn on. Of course I don't know if your radio works.