Possible oil control ring problem?

mikeymkll7mgte

Supraholic
Oct 11, 2007
Spokane
So driving down the freeway one day, went full throttle to leave a mercedes behind, and the car didnt quite feel right. So i shut it down, coasted to the next exit, and started it back up. There was a constant flow of blue smoke from the tail pipe, so i figured turbo seals, as i knew my 60 trim was getting a little sloppy. Well, it has sat for awhile, and i finally decided to throw the holset on, and figured i would do a compression test, just cause i could. When i pulled number 2 spark plug, it was a little bit oily. Grabbed a flashlight, and looked into the cylinder, and it was a bit oily. so did the compression test. Results-
1- 140
2- 140
3- 148
4- 150
5- 150
6- 150

I thought maybe valve stem seals, so i pulled the intake cam out, and valve springs, just to find that they looked ok. Dropped new ones in just to be sure. It still smokes after it gets warm and only after you rev it up and let off. A few people i know think it may be a stuck oil control ring, cause a burnt piston would show on a compression test. Any thoughts as to where i should start looking?? Tear it down and find out?