Possible low MAP reading?

zigspeed10

Apr 7, 2007
ohio
I just installed MAFT Pro running speed density. MAP is reading 89.5 with key on and 15-17 at idle. I was expecting 100 with key on and 30-50 at idle. I've tried multiple vac sources with the same results. Boost guage reads 20-21 in Hg at idle so I'm pulling good vac. My question is are readings this low abnormal meaning I have a bad sensor or other problem? Thanks

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
zigspeed10;1032454 said:
I just installed MAFT Pro running speed density. MAP is reading 89.5 with key on and 15-17 at idle. I was expecting 100 with key on and 30-50 at idle. I've tried multiple vac sources with the same results. Boost guage reads 20-21 in Hg at idle so I'm pulling good vac. My question is are readings this low abnormal meaning I have a bad sensor or other problem? Thanks

what is your altitude?

that sounds pretty low.

Bob

zigspeed10

Apr 7, 2007
ohio
Im in columbus, ohio and searching the internet said it has an altitude of 800 ft. After the car is warmed up from a drive the MAP is actually lower at around 11-13 at idle. I checked the voltage going to the sensor at the plug and it is a solid 5v.

Thanks

zigspeed10

Apr 7, 2007
ohio
I got a new sensor and same results. It is also reading boost lower than it should, boost guage reads 14 psi and maft pro reads 11 psi (baro mode set to read at key on). Is it possible the input on the maft pro is causing this? Is there anything else I can check? This sucks, I've been able to tune WOT so my afrs are good but the light throttle driving is impossible to get right. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
still sounds low, what are the readings key on, engine off, and at idle?

Where did you get the replacement sensor? Is there someone near you that has a known good one?

Can you measure voltages at the MAP sensor?

Bob