Possible heater core issue?

Jul 14, 2014
Sussex County
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen of Supramania, I've been having some troubles with my supra's cooling system. When I got the car everything was fine. Then I did the timing belt.... and everything went to hell :3d_frown: What happened after I drove it was, the overflow would be shaking and it would be pushing out coolant, very annoying. So I decided to get some of that coolant flush at advance and I flushed it multiple time (4 to be exact). So yesterday I put in a less gunky radiator, mine was disgusting. Now it's not doing the whole shaky overflow thing. :nono: I did some reading a short while ago where someone's heater core went and they could tell by the smell of anti freeze coming out of the vents. Now I had been smelling anti freeze coming out of my vents, BUT since my blower motor for my a/c and heat isn't working (another of my cars problems) I can only tell when I'm driving as the air that's pushed through the system by speed alone. So to the point, is it feasible that the flush that I ran through my system actually clogged the heater core, or it's starting to go and I have some leaky lines.

This is my newer radiator, I don't have pictures of my old one. However it was missing the fins, not too important but still sketchy, it also had a rusty spot on the side so that wasn't too good looking either.
IMG_0052.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Can pressure test the cooling system and check for leaks.

Also make sure there is no air in the system.

Make sure the cap is good

Jul 14, 2014
Sussex County
I know, it's not the stock car, but would that have that big of an impact? However we did make a lot of progress today :icon_razz

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 9