popped my turbos coolant hose

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Well ive been mean to my supra allot lately. I drove it for a longtime with no problems and I decided Id burn a set of tires off. I drove it around and got it warm with the t -stat open before I started doing anything crazy so I dont blow anything up in the cooling system. After I smoked that set of tires I noticed that the smoke wasnt totally going away. I was on my street and got it in the driveway to let it cooldown and noticed it smoking allot from the turbo side. As much as I hated to I shut it off immediatly I did. It never got overheated on the guage. The hose from the t-stat housing to the turbos middle housing that holds the shaft had split and was spewing coolant all over my head and manifold. I immediatly started hitting everything with compressed air to keep the coolant off the coils and everything else it might hurt. When it cools down completely im gonna go replace the hose and fill er up and bleed her. Going to park it facing up hill to bleed :icon_razz. hopefully shes ok.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
The system will purge itself of any air bubble the 1st time you drive the car unless there is a leak somewhere.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I really don't think Toyota has bad things. They're made to last. Would anyone put anything on there rear main besides a Toyota one? Maybe Felpro at most..

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I fixed the problem for about 10 bucks. Bought a foot of fuel line and replaced the ruptured hose. topped the radiator off a couple of times after it cooled off so the coolant is perfect. If I could go back now id have replaced both but just wanted to get it done so I could do other things I needed to do at the time. I checked all my vacuum and coolant passage ways and everything is good. Im always under the hood anyways looking at it checking on things. Im sure the sure heat coming off the turbo was tremendous and sliced right through the old hose. It was a scary feeling none the less seeing steam pouring out. Thanks for the imput from you guys.