poor running issues

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i know this is covered somewhere, but i'm looking for some insight.

my car has an intermittent loping idle issue. at least until today, when it never went away. it idles from 1000 to 1800 by itself. if i stab the throttle it either revs higher or idles real low and stalls. it's always hunted a little till warm and then was fine, but i couldn't drive it today the way it was.
i tried looking for vacuum leaks and playing with the tps. if i pull off the line to the bov, it idles down. i'm leaning towards a faulty "china" bov.
also, i pulled off the two vacuum lines on top of the throttle body, and nothing changed. i thought it would cause a leak, but nothing....

please jump in if you have any ideas.
thanks........... kevin

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
of course i started her up again today, and she ran perfectly. wtf.
i drove it a couple miles and had zero issues.
let's see what tomorrow brings.......

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
same conditions. i drove it later today with no issues. i'm going to try and replace the china bov with a better one, and go from there.
it's definitely a head scratcher. sometimes it runs perfect, and other times it's way off.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i'm still not sure what's going on. i drove it again, and it idled a little high but then settled to just under 1000. if it stalls on decel (vented bov), and i pop start it, it will hunt again. it's a little frustrating. :(

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
the a/c was removed before i got the car. it looks like the vacuum lines are all in the wrong places. i'm going to put everything back the way it's supposed to be, and go from there.
i'm still going to get a new bov, as i'm sure this one is junk.