Poor gas mileage

1992TurboSupra

Mar 21, 2007
Hayward, CA
Lately my cars been getting bad gas mileage anywhere from 14.5-15.5 mpg. I drive a 1992 auto turbo supra w/ 139600 miles, all stock except for apexi wsii muffler and aem dry flow filter. Its also running on a blown turbo so i thought i would get better mileage. I started getting bad gas mileage when my oxygen sensor plug from the car had broken off at the connection so i just crimped the wires to the oxygen sensor wire. Is crimping sufficient enough to get a good signal? im open to any suggestions, Brian

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Quit doing stuff half ass. Driving around on a blown turbo is a good way to get rod knock depending on how much oil it's using. I would replace the O2 sensor.

1992TurboSupra

Mar 21, 2007
Hayward, CA
Sawbladz;925616 said:
Quit doing stuff half ass. Driving around on a blown turbo is a good way to get rod knock depending on how much oil it's using. I would replace the O2 sensor.

I replaced the o2 sensor with a new universal 4 wire one but just crimped it, would it be better to solder the wires?

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
You should get min. 17 mpg city. Sounds like its time for a major tuneup. No codes? Compression good? Ever clean the injectors? You always do routine maintenance? Maybe check your timing, and try to get a 3" exhaust on it (after you fix your turbo). Could be skewed air/fuel and a bad tune.