polyurethane suspension bushings huge noise

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
Hi,
Last year I got a new full set of polyurethane suspension bushings made by ronniek (the red tight one) and at the same time I changed the rear subframe bushing kit (the yellow one). After the installation all was nice and good.
The problem is that recently, the squiz squiz sound became "huge" and unlivable, it's not just a squiz, it's like a big tac tac tac...
First time I thinking the fuck is the suspension so I got a new set of tein flex coilover but finaly the sound is the same. At the moment a jack the car, the sound is very audible and I can see the wheel go down in flick like a clock hand. I tryed to grease a lot the front tab bush but anything change. I also tryed to unscrew a little that long bolt torqued to 121 ft-lbs and after, no sound all became good. the sound came from the suspension bushes that is compressed.
So I'm very fuck-up, what to do with that... I'm not felling safe to lower the torquespec of the suspensions componements.

I supose it's not normal but does somebody have a problem like that with polyurethane suspension bushings?

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
you should post it in the general discussion since they are not so many people coming in this section. Does the mods can switch it? my friend really need help since that sound is really annoying .

The bushing is not moving freely in the A arm. When you jack the car, you see the wheel moving per step at the same time you hear a big TAK!

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
like all of us with the pollybushins kit
the solution is to remove some material inside the bushins , I used a Dremel with the sand barrel (a small barrel with sand paper) just to let the arm moving freely up and down , after that it works like a profesional racing suspension with uniballs.
what a did was to remove more material just in the midle than the edges , it will keep the grease inside more time .

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
josbeat;1863524 said:
like all of us with the pollybushins kit
the solution is to remove some material inside the bushins , I used a Dremel with the sand barrel (a small barrel with sand paper) just to let the arm moving freely up and down , after that it works like a profesional racing suspension with uniballs.
what a did was to remove more material just in the midle than the edges , it will keep the grease inside more time .

Maybe your technic work good but it's rediculous to pay the big price for professional poly bushing and having to remove some material, the concept is supose to be ready to enjoy... Yea if the moderator can switch my post in general section or I will start another post thank...

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
the grease normaly tend to expand the rubbers things and the pollybushingds will not be different...
anhother trick is to make some longitudinal cuts inside the hole (you can find that here in the forum on a DIY thread) to keep the grease inside the bushing ....
but it only work for a wile on my supra.
my last solution was the best for me in my racing Supra MK3.

most of the things I have fitted on my supra if not allllll , was modiffied to match my spectations.