please help

865whitemk3

Jul 1, 2005
:icon_conf i had a problem with my tps a couple months ago. It started missing real bad today, so i played with the sensor, and now it won't start. If the sensor is unplugged, from the harness it trys to start the same way, even thoush it is plugged in. Do does anybody think the sensor is the cause? If so about how much do you think a replacement is?

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
cjssupra90 is right. however the car will stall right away. I forgot to hook mine back up one time and the car would start but stall right away.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
the TPS, It shouldn't stall, the mass air may cause it to stall right away if it is a N/A car, but both should start and idle fine with the TPS unhooked. The tps has no real control for idle fuel and timing.

865whitemk3

Jul 1, 2005
Thanks guys, i don't know what I did, but I pulled off the t/b, and pulled all the wires, and put it back in, and by god's grace the thing started, and ran like a champ! By the way is is non turbo, i am new to the supra, got it last december with a blown motor and bought and put a new(er) motor from soshin trade in. Im still new at it, but I really appreciate the help I've gotten from this forum, and yall. Thanks
-Ryan