please help stuck

suprachick22

Aug 1, 2009
colorado
ok guys right in the middle of my swap for a 1JZGTE motor but i am stuck. i have an 89 that i am putting it in too but the front clip i bought has a hydrolic fan. what are my options?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
If you have the full Hydro fan setup use it. I dunno if SupraHero(Jay) is still using his, but that thing would push loads of CFM

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
3 options: Use the hydro fan, go electric, or mechanical. Each option can work, and each has people who will swear up and down its the best option. I went Electric because i feel the most comfortable with it. Which ever one you choose will work great if you do it right.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
what do you neeed if you go electric or clutch list please. the hyrolic is alot i got a front clip so all the lines are there but its alot of stuff to run with the coolant lines and also the hyrdolic lines

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Run the hydraulic fan it pushes a load of cfms, it's running at engine rpm. If you have it all i'd use it. I use it and have absolutely no issues and will be using for 600whp I've never overheated and the gauge never moves and using the stock 7m rad. It's four hydraulic lines and a cooler. I'd only use the electrics if you didn't have it all and you were wanting to push 700+ imho.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
i have all the lines it just looks like its nasty to move it over to my car this hole thing has become a night mare wiring and all

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
nick88;1434321 said:
Replace the lines. One of mine broke and I just used 3/8 inch heater hose.

you used the lines for everything and did you use the oil cooler on it or cause i have one and i fallowed the lines it goes to the hydrolic clutch

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
nick88;1434321 said:
Replace the lines. One of mine broke and I just used 3/8 inch heater hose.

karlmk3;1434392 said:
you used the lines for everything and did you use the oil cooler on it or cause i have one and i fallowed the lines it goes to the hydrolic clutch

No, I just replaced the hose that came from the side of the fan to the cooler, because it had been chopped in half by my fan when I blew an ic pipe off pushing it into the fan.

Make sure that you will not blow off ic pipes when using it.

All of it works, I am using the cooler. Put everything off of the clip on to the car you are swapping it into, should work fine.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok all my lines look fine with that part of the car this front clip was soo clean im just having issues with wiring now lol o well thats the next step ill be using the stock intercoller pipes one of the looks a lil damaged but ill check for boost leak when i actually get the moter installed