Plasti-Dip my Supra?

Terry steward

Oct 18, 2007
benfleet essex
The Black paintwork looks Good,,But black Wheels always look shite,As there is no contrast between the Body and the tyres,and the Details of the Wheels,Is non existant,,,,Bloody awful,Dont do it !!!!

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Well...all based on opinion, but I would like to be the exception to the rule here...I have a white supra (non-white package), so it has the black trim. I plasti-dipped my front bumper black because it was crap..looked 1000x better (really like how it brought out the intercooler), then decided to plasti-dip the raised up cowl portion of the stock hood, i just carefully used paint tape to mark off a straight edge. That in turn looked great as well. this weekend i will be doing the rear bumper and the stock wing to give it just enough black to balance out the car, but not over-do it. I personally think black plasti-dip (if done right) goes great on the white supras with the black trim and tinted windows. I have the MK4 wheels and i still cant convince myself to plasti-dip those, it might be just a little too much..I'll post pics on Sunday.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
oh shit, thanks for the heads up...mines coming off now...i'm not doing anything he did, that dude has a black cloud over his head! LOL

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I could go on about Plasti-Dip for ages but I'll leave you with this quick bullets.
Just like painting it's 90% prep work
whole cars will take 3-4 gallons
I now use it over blue tape for front bumpers and wheel flares when you're trying to protect pain for road cones that jump into your apex.
I'll be dipping my whole rally car soon.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Plasti-dip is certainly a budget temporary paint job (if you intend to look at it that way).

I've used plasti-dip to see if I like the way something looks a certain color before I spend the time prepping/money to actually paint it.

I plasti-dipped misc. parts of my FJ Cruiser and the results were great. Wheeling it off road pretty heavily and daily driving it, it's never flaked.

With Plasti-dip and Without Plasti-dip.
278130_3648768455684_1279328757_o.jpg20120301_155856.jpg

As long as you take the time to clean the surfaces you're spraying and lay your coats down properly, I have no problem with plasti-dip.
Just be aware that if it's getting a lot of sun, it WILL FADE sooner than you'd expect.

Jeff