Planning a 1JZ swap, need some help on a few things, already searched

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
I would avoid any engine related purchases from ebay. They have a bad rep when it comes to walbro fuel pumps and clutches. If you have the option of buying it from a reputable vendor, do so.

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
That is about the going rate for them from most importers. As stated before eBay has a ton listed for around that amount, but you need to research those companies thoroughly. I am peronally looking at an importer near Atlanta that has one available for $1900. Just check around there are plenty out there for $1700-2500.
x357rq;1483336 said:
ok i've been out of the game for awhile, and i dont want to jack the thread...but where can you get a 1jz with 5spd attached for 2k? i bought my last 1j from jarco about 5 years ago, and that doesnt seem to be an option anymore

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I would like to add something I don't know if it's been covered yet. But If I were you i would buy a New 7m starter and put that in while the motor is out. Because the 1jz starters are alot smaller, and when they go out you will Have to replace it with a bigger 7m starter. And thats a big pita. Trust me I know.:: angry ::

Last edited:

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
you can get away with not cutting the harness by pulling it through the enlarghed speedo hole( thats how i did it) however you will have to leave the ecu hanging in the glove box because it wont reach to the stock location.

(another option you can do is have an ecu extension harness made, where the plugs wil just plug into your harness and then connect to the car, i have some available if you need them)

the car body plugs that control relays/lights etc will need to be rewired ( its easy but takes a few hours of work)

you can save money on throttle cable by going to the junkyard and finding a v6 camry from the 90s. the throttle cable runs to the front of the engine bay to a cruise control module and its the perfect length for a 1jz

I would go straight for solid mounts, My car tore apart the polyurethane mounts(the one on the exhaust side sits right under the turbos and gets soft). there really isnt that much vibration, you only feel it when youre easing off the clutch

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
What do one of those extension harnesses cost?
RockPaperSwoRD;1486619 said:
you can get away with not cutting the harness by pulling it through the enlarghed speedo hole( thats how i did it) however you will have to leave the ecu hanging in the glove box because it wont reach to the stock location.

(another option you can do is have an ecu extension harness made, where the plugs wil just plug into your harness and then connect to the car, i have some available if you need them)

the car body plugs that control relays/lights etc will need to be rewired ( its easy but takes a few hours of work)

you can save money on throttle cable by going to the junkyard and finding a v6 camry from the 90s. the throttle cable runs to the front of the engine bay to a cruise control module and its the perfect length for a 1jz

I would go straight for solid mounts, My car tore apart the polyurethane mounts(the one on the exhaust side sits right under the turbos and gets soft). there really isnt that much vibration, you only feel it when youre easing off the clutch

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I would honestly contribute but that list is crazy. If you organized it some more I'll take a look and help you out if there's anything you missed.

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Sorry, the list was in a excel format, but it wouldn't allow me to attach it, so I copied and pasted.
Guyana00;1490717 said:
I would honestly contribute but that list is crazy. If you organized it some more I'll take a look and help you out if there's anything you missed.