Picture of knock sensor locations

RavenMaster

SupraMan
Mar 4, 2008
Santa Barbara
www.torrentgeeks.com
Hey guys I posted this in another forums but it is relevant here becuase it is a pretty common question so here :)

Okay I finally found a pic of the knock sensor location. I searched for forever and a day becuase it is the most commonly asked question on any supra forum. Believe it or not this is a pic of our very own SuppraGirl MKIII 7MGTE during its rebuild so props to her for the pic. I edited it to show the locations and which knock sensors belongs to which one.
Remember these details:
FOR THE N/A (Naturally Aspirated NON-Turbo)
You have 1 Knock Sensor and that is the one near the firewall (the metal wall of the car seperating the engine compartment from the cockpit). Refer To illustration.
FOR THE TURBO MODELS
You have 2 Knock Sensors. One at the front and the one towards the rear which is the same as the one on the N/A models.
Here is the pic. I hope this will end anyones question as to their location.
29lmmj9.jpg

Obviously I will leave this up to the mods but I think this would be a useful pinning. Hope this helps!
Also if you would need to do a rewire check this out:
http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=69
Thanks to:
SupraGirrl for taking the original pic
OfnaRcR for the link to the rewire instructions location
Everyone who helped me discover the location without the pic and inspired me to find this pic so noone else has to wonder.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I was pretty sure that the NA knock sensor was actually closer to the center of the block. There are 3 bosses in the block casting. I'd have to see an NA block again to be sure, but I was quite certain that the NA knock sensor is in the center boss.

I don't have pictures though, and didn't look at them directly side-by-side.

RavenMaster

SupraMan
Mar 4, 2008
Santa Barbara
www.torrentgeeks.com
hrmmm in all the time 2 years that has been on the other forum noone ever said anything about that, I thought it was accurate and people that have N/A's told me it was correct. I did however just go look at my buddies N/A and the picture was accurate his knock sensor is the one closest to the firewall NOT in the middle of the lower block....hrmm weird.