pics of mkiii's with double din touch screen radios.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I know this isn't a touch double DIN but I was thinking about picking it up because I like the double din look and I already have a bunch of Sony audio and like to keep it that way ( Until I have way too much money to blow ). It's only $190 on ebay shipped.

Sony
WX-GT77UI
http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/WX-GT77UI

That and I'm doing all blue gauges in my car so it will flow well.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
If you have the money, you just simply cant beat an Eclipse double din, or the higher end Alpines. They have great picture quality, good GPS, and wonderful sound processors with EQ's to back them up.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
+1 on Alpine, been running Alpine decks since 2002. Great stuff. New stuff not quite as good as the old stuff but more buyer friendly! :icon_razz
There IVA line up is great for Double Din applications. However, they lack the good processing capabilities right out of the box that some of there Single Din units come with, or should i say came with, haven't looked in a while.
Either way, Din 1 or 2, Alpine bar none for under a $1000.http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/series-c.php?category=AV_HU

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
I've had a double din Alpine for years too. But, I just switched to Pioneer AVIC Z3 recently mainly for the Navigation and its simple look. I also like the back up Camera :)
Oh, don't mind the Kimber :D

avicz3.jpg

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
are these set up to run engine diagnostics as well? or capable of something like the GTR has. i know some run on windows software and its like a real computer so it should be able to read and change values from a standalone right. instead of having to have a laptop hooked up..

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
i like that tilt option alot .the problem with them being so low is you cant see the screen well

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I've been looking for something like that. Please provide model numbers of such decks.

I have searched hard for one but the vast majority have low res screens and maybe a composite video in. Take the AVIC-Z3 for example. It has 480x234 screen res and composite video in. That is not good enough for a carputer.

The latest top Alpine deck IVA-W505/P1 at least has decent resolution 800x480, but only S-Video in and no access to the touch screen output makes it a no go for a carputer.

Poodles;1354742 said:
Most of them have the ability to act as a monitor as well, so if you build a carputer it will act as a display...

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
Very late to the thread, but here's my Pioneer AVIC-F700BT. It's one of the cheaper Pioneer models. I'm not too fond of the interface and the GPS seems a bit slow from a processing power standpoint, but it does the job for the price point. I have the HD Radio and iPod options. HD Radio works well, the iPod adapter kit works too but is a bit flaky at times.

img00402o.jpg