pics of custom sub box

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
^^^^^ i like it its clean but not to over done. but i still like having my trunk. so i don't know. i gotta keep thinking bout it before i do anything.

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
ValgeKotkas;1239845 said:
Kicker KX (?) 1200.1 mono d-class amp.
The sub's 2000w max, dual 4 ohm voice coil wired @ 2 ohms (though as I understand the amp wants to have 1 ohm.... but that's what I got in the set when visiting the US :)(Thanks to user toyo4life), so should be alright?).
The box (120 litres+port IIRC) and the port were done like suggested in the manual, but isn't precise ofcourse (that's the problem...), but according to bass tests, should be configured to around 45hz....that's maybe a bit too high.

i thought it could handle more than that but i ain't looked into to much cause then i'm gonna want one. but 45 hz thats seems way to high to me but then again i don't know. but what kinda db 's are you gettin out of it with the hatch up and down. its gotta be crazy loud while driving. but its clean as hell and i likey.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
KK-ma70;1239857 said:
How about someting like mine: http://www.ts-ogn.no/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=25333 PS: Norwegian site. You may not understand the writing, but nice pictures;)
12" woofer Rockford P2 with 32litre box. 134db. it's not much, but sounds perfect:)
Just pure beauty. Pics saved for future:naughty:

Rj, I don't know bout the decibells, I'll get it tested out as soon as I get my hands on the car again, but it can be turned on pretty loud:icon_razz

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Have no idea. Only that the sub with the frame weighted like 13kgs. I'd think that the box's about 15 or so? Maybe a bit more. 20mm thick walls (another failure...they should be like at least 30mm :D)

Supraman, has anyone asked to sit in the back seat too? (not knowing you have subs there?) :)

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Looks good, nice and clean. U don't think it looks a little funny with the back of the seat still in???

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
i like it i mean its different and probaly taks some getting used to but its simple and clean. but supraman7mgte how are those amps working out for you i haven't really heard anything bout them and who made that box for you? it nice and different and clean as hell man. very nice.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
the box took awhile to get right.alot of trial and error.
got to learn how to do fiberglass!
i wasnt sure to keep the seat backs in or not,but if im doing alot of grocery shopping,i just flip down the seats and thier covered and protected.(also keeps thieves from peeking)

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
i know the feeling bout theives. but you made that box out of mdf or what? where is a good place to get some carpet at that is both fair priced and good quality? i need to redu all the carpeting in the hatch and i was just going to use 1 peice and wrap my box in it too. i'm gonna install it today and i don't know when i'll cover it but its a nice day and i'm waiting on engine parts so i figured why not do something else to keep busy?

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
thats why i want something small and pretty much over the back axle that way if i do ever decide to start racing again i'll have more traction. you can have your sandbags i'll have my system.