Picked up another MkIII...best deal EVER

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Oh my god…okay, well my mom's boyfriend Mike found an ad in the paper…”needs TLC and turbo work, 89 turbo”. I was like “damn!” Anyways, we checked it out and it said $3995 and 88 on the windshield (even though it was CLEARLY 89), but otherwise it was PRISTINE.

Later I came back for another look, talked to the guy that was there, and said the engine and tranny and all worked fine, but after some miss-repairs done by an auto guy he ended up tossing it in the back of the yard since it wouldn’t run. So he gave me the key and told me I could piddle with it. The car was PRISTINE. Very few minor dents, a few “NOS” and “R RACING” stickers, “Supra” in the windshield in MkIV font, but perfect trim, paint, everything looked new. Even had the original window sticker and all the paper work, and 75, XXX miles!!! Engine is fine, but it wont run for very long before dieing. I’m thinking it’s a stupid easy repair, and I have a daily driver. So I offered him some money without the radio/CD player thing, and he ACCEPTED! Looks like I’ll be towing it to my house if I cant get it working and then mess with it here at home. Turbo doesn’t have any shaft play and spins fine, so I’m not exactly sure WHATS wrong with it yet.

Cliffnotes: I picked up a 89 hardtop turbo that looks new EVERYWHERE with very minor problems

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
Awesome find, that would be a great deal even if you had to swap the engine, which it doesn't sound like you need to do.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Man I really wish I was able to find something that clean. I drove 1200 miles to pick up a POS flood car with no interior, shitty paint, and a bunch of small problems that add up fast. Paid $400 for it too.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
omg wowzas you still have enough probably for an r154 swap

umm wtf are those camera type looking things hanging from the dash ontop of your fuel guage?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
LOL i love the gas mileage chart, average of everything is 0 miles a gallon, hmm, yep thats about right.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Um... It says 18 and 23 for MPG. Also, WTF! it lists the car as a Sub-Compact. Like hell our cars are sub-compact.

By the way, awsome find Orion

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
dirgle said:
Um... It says 18 and 23 for MPG. Also, WTF! it lists the car as a Sub-Compact. Like hell our cars are sub-compact.

By the way, awsome find Orion

LOL!

average city driving: 00 mpg
average highway: 00 mpg..........:rofl:

when i had my old 89' insurance listed the car as... get this, "intermediate" on the performance scale. if they only knew....

Boosted7MGTE

Aug 3, 2005
Cool I'm not the only one buying a $500 Turbo Supra around here. It just turned 60K on the drive home from my buddies house where I bought it. The paint Blows a$$ but other that it runs pretty well. Hope to god it passes emissions. BTW it's an 87, 5speed.

M

Makavelli

Sweet deal. I got a pretty good deal myself on mine. 86.5 NA w/ 98k miles for $1000. Needs a paint job, but the engine is super sweet. Pristine mechanically.