photoshop request

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I was browsing through one of my Hyper Rev magazines and saw a Supra in there with the same wheels as me but they were black with a red rim instead of silver.

So, can anyone take my wheels and do the same?

p649516_1.jpg

Not the entire lip. Just the small outside rim that meets the tire(you know, the part that you hit when you curb your wheels)

Black spokes, black lip, red rim.

TIA

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
That's getting on the right track. Thanks

I realized the paint scheme I wanted is very similar to Volks limited edition time attack wheels.

volk_timeattacks.jpg

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
OneJoeZee - Let me know if you want a smaller red bead. I followed the natural contours of your wheels as it would be the easiest way to mask for paint.

I can do a glossier black too, but it did not suit your car in my opinion. The rim looked pretty cool in some other colors I experimented with (especially blue).

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Eh it's 3 am and I have nothing better to do.

I made them more of a gunmetal, and I don't think the red is dark enough, but this is as far as im going with it...

p650634_1.jpg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Thanks for the efforts guys. Those really helped alot. I wish I could scan the picture of the Supra with my wheels in black/red in the magazine but the car is in a backgroud and it's really hard to see.

The red is smaller and subtle like tydrew did but on a more satin black wheel like dugums did.

I think what they might have done was just paint the wheel black then use red rim tape like bikes usually do. That could work as well.

If one of you could do another one with the satin black wheel with the thinner red outline, that would be great and probably the look I'm going for. Also maybe a slightly glossier black just to compare.

Thanks again!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ok, here's the car in question. It's hard to see the red but I hope that illustrates the idea a little better. You can see even with the wheel in motion, it's very subtle. It's a darker red closer to a blood red.

5ya2o09.jpg

535cwsi.jpg

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Wow that looks awesome, makes me want to paint my BBS's black. Oh and get my car out of my garage.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
The program I use makes it hard to do black, but here it is anyway. I just used my color balence feature and darkened the wheels, then merged that layer and lightened up the whole picture.

p651055_1.jpg

Oh yeah and in the magizine Supra, wtf is that computer in the passenger side for? lol