Philly Area Supra Meet #3!!! May 25th, 2008

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Here are my contribution, not much but atleast i took some. Was too busy entertained with everything else.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
I know there were a few single'd 1JZs there, anybody have a set of good condition stock twins? I know I said once I took the twins out I was going single, but I started to hear the death whine on Tuesday and I'm broke so single is out and since my mom is away for the week I'm driving her car. I'll be willing to pick them up but I have no idea how much they're worth. So if someone could PM me and let me know if they're willing to part with their twins and for how much, you'd be my hero.

Alpha WereFox

Supraholic
Aug 20, 2006
Poconos in PA
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. But here's my Supra you woulda seen. I was affraid to take her to a hour drive to Philly. I think she has a rod knock but I'm not sure cuz I drive it to work everyday and it hasn't gotten worse. But ya, here's 2 pics.

Say hello to Nana Maru!
(means "Seven Zero" in Japanize, last owner named her)

l_7c85c8ae8b7a1998bef4ffaade730e24.jpg

(Wing will be painted probably today after work to match car)
l_da2b88c08324d1bc1d002f07206a1a43.jpg

nguyen95465

Supramania Contributor
Dec 24, 2006
Yeadon, PA
InvisibleMonkey;1036317 said:
I know there were a few single'd 1JZs there, anybody have a set of good condition stock twins? I know I said once I took the twins out I was going single, but I started to hear the death whine on Tuesday and I'm broke so single is out and since my mom is away for the week I'm driving her car. I'll be willing to pick them up but I have no idea how much they're worth. So if someone could PM me and let me know if they're willing to part with their twins and for how much, you'd be my hero.

silversup is selling a set....
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58423
don't kno the condition but he is selling them for pretty cheap.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
InvisibleMonkey;1037328 said:
Thanks a lot man. I saw that thread and saw 7M in the first couple parts and assumed he was only selling 7M parts.

Ima tell you this and i dont even own a 1jz...DONT REPLACE THE TWINS WITH TWINS....its a waste of time and you will hate it.

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
empera;1037337 said:
Ima tell you this and i dont even own a 1jz...DONT REPLACE THE TWINS WITH TWINS....its a waste of time and you will hate it.

LOL. I'm a stereotypical broke MKIII owner in high school, I can't afford to go single.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
time to save up. infact you tell me your budget and i'll see if i can find something for you.

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
empera;1037431 said:
time to save up. infact you tell me your budget and i'll see if i can find something for you.

LOL. You're dead set on having me go single. It turned out to be a false alarm though. My friend with a VR-4 told me to go all out and hit full boost since he's heard the death whine and I was wrong. I was low on tranny fluid but it still makes the supercharger noise.

I was thinking of getting a ct26 and I know someone (I thought it was BICPerformance) sells a manifold to allow it to be used on a 1JZ

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
empera;1033704 said:
I would like to thank all of you guys who did make it, thanks for your contribution with food also. We had a great time and had a pretty good turn out. Hopefully we'll get to do something else this year.

Also special thanks to ryan and chris for helping setting this up. I will post pictures later tonite.

Glad to be a part of it! you gave me the motivation and help i needed to finally get my car back on the road. As far as high res pics, my camera takes some pretty good pics, i just havent had the chance to get them up yet, but ill have them on in a few days. Last few days of the month are really tough in the summer (everyone last minutes state inspections). I hope to attend more meets this summer! We have a great community, and i had a great time hangin out with people who share our passion. Keep up the hard work it takes to be one of us guys, and lets keep these things going!!!

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
InvisibleMonkey;1037795 said:
LOL. You're dead set on having me go single. It turned out to be a false alarm though. My friend with a VR-4 told me to go all out and hit full boost since he's heard the death whine and I was wrong. I was low on tranny fluid but it still makes the supercharger noise.

I was thinking of getting a ct26 and I know someone (I thought it was BICPerformance) sells a manifold to allow it to be used on a 1JZ

It's actually DriftMotion. It's cheaper than doing a huge single and it's a lot, a lot easier than putting another set of stock twins. Both Julio and Ryan will back me up on that!! This is what I did. I'll upgrade turbo after I graduate college. I need an alarm system now... Idiots are already trying to steal my car!!! :3d_frown:

Last edited: