Pearl White "PITA" Build

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
Well I've been reading other people's builds and it's motivated me to make one of my baby. Little history on my car and how I acquired her. In early '09 I bought '90 Talon that I bought from a friend for $300. Tore the head off and found that someone had serverely put the car out of time and bent out all the valves on the intake side of the head. I contemplated bout rebuilding it because it only had 90,000 miles on it. But my Civic project came 1st. So I sold it for scrapmetal and used the money for my Civic. Looking back I should have kept it and replaced the head and then sold it running, oh well live and learn. Back on topic. After I sold it I started looking for a Mk3. After searching around locally not finding anything I liked or for the right price I expanded my search to the southeast. Still finding overpriced or just other wise piles I almost gave up looking. Well one day at work my gf calls me and tells me she found a nice clean pearl white 87 in an ad on CL in Tennesse. So after work I went home and looked it up. It was very clean inside and out and get this no RK or BHG. So after talking with the guy I had managed to talk him down from his $2100 asking price to bout $1500. I started setting up travel arrangments and he contacted me stating he had family in my area and was leaving to Fl on spring break. Said he'd meet me at his uncles work to show the car on the way down if I wanted. I agreed and went to see it when he arrived. Was everything I saw in the pictures and was very clean for the year. Had oil leaks, missing small interior pieces, dome lights didn't work, and tail light failure indicator was on. Felt good on test drive so I bought it for $2000 cause that's what we agreed with since he delivered. It's and 87 Turbo targa 5spd. Here are a few pics from the night before he brought her down.
2i0vudf.jpg

1zvlup.jpg

As of 7/15/09

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

More updates when I get back from work tonight. I have done a little work since I bought her but not much. I have big plans though.

Last edited:

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
Thanks for the kind words fellas. She's my dream car now I just gotta make her right. I've had 2 setbacks in the last week but I'll explain that later after work with pictures.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Ha you ass you didn't tell me you got one, so what you doing with the other one, the na? Finally going to let me borrow it to replace those rod bearings, got a new set of acls sitting here.

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
What you talking bout Willis? This is the only one I have. Haven't owned a na yet. Just this turbo and a blue 88 parts car you Diego and Alan got parts off of that was also a turbo. Lol

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Hmm strange. I though you had one with a rod knock besides the parts car. I think I was thinking of James about the na though. Btw Speaking of James he was supposed to be out here this morning at 9am or so and never showed up and I can't get ahold of him.

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
Oops forgot to continue with everything. Well I just enjoyed having my dream car for awhile and didn't do much to her. Then one day I decided to let the techs at work take a look at everything she needed oil seal wise. I found out just about all seals are leaking. So I decided to take the car to Turbo Dave since I work with his brother to have him look at it for a sound I was hoping wasn't RK. Well knock knock. Guess who's there? Lol. So I drove her very little after finding out about the knock. Then I didn't drive her at all. I usually only go crank her bout 2x a week and let the motor get to operating temps just to keep the oil moving through the system. So the other week I push her out of the garage cause the battery died, and ask my gf to close the door so it doesn't hit her car. ( Mine doesn't have the middle piece that is the door stop.) She pushes door shut or so I thought and I begin to move car again. Next thing I know she yells Stop! Stop! She didn't get the door closed and her knee got caught between my door and her front bumper. Pics of carnage when I get off in a few hours.

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
Pictures of the damage on her knee have been misplaced but here are some of the fender door misalignment.
eq6y6t.jpg

It shifted the door forward and down a little. Now I'm on the hunt for new hinges and maroon interior to finish that up so I can get ready to rebuild my motor. If anyone has either of these lmk.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

trdsupra89;1710403 said:
Love the stripped sawblades!

Thanks man yeah it made the car look sooo much better. I'm ready to finish the interior and exterior that way I can start on that knocking motor.

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
Been awhile since I gave an update. Well I think I will have the interior I need from a local member in a few months. I have the rear gutted and removed the old sound deadener and started installing Dynomat Extreme in the hatch area. I have spent most of this time working on fixing up the garage that houses my cars and working on my Civic. Doing research on the Supra is the only real work I have done aside from polishing and extra set of blades I have. Looking to rebuild this motor to 450rwhp so any personal input on what is needed to attain this will be greatly appreciated. I'll post some pictures later tonight of how she sits now with her roommate.

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
Damn have I been MIA. Well not much has changed or been done with Shigemi. Been working on the garage and collecting tools, knowledge, and detail equipment since that's what I do for a living and started doing it on the side at home to make more money. Sold my Civic to get outta debt this past fall and winter. Made my money back I spent on the build for it and still have parts leftover to sell. Moved all my spare Supra parts from my moms to my place and will be purchasing a buddy's Supra in about a week or so to use as another parts donor then make it a daily or another project down the road. Been a long slow ride but business is picking up again and I'm outta some debt so back to the build.