PCV and brake booster hose help

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Basically I am looking to convert my factory hoses to something different and aftermarket. Question I have is what have some of yall gone with? THe factory check valve is where I get stuck because I want to get one with AN threads so I can replace them with some nice stainless pipe I got (I will be posting that configuration soon and how I did it) which is 3/8" around the right size when compared to factory. Pics and some places where I can find a check valve would be great.

For my oil catch can set up I will be running -6 hoses from the valve covers which I hope is large enough?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I would suggest polishing the check valve, you could get those clamp covers that look like AN fittings and you keep the stock check valve functionality!

I would go -8 for the PCV system, btw. More flow = win in the PCV. Be sure to plumb it correctly so it actually works, too!

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
def have it plumbed right haha had it backwards and under a run into boost and letting off it would smoke :( redid that and now no smoke woot!

I know I have seen some people run an aftermarket style check valve but not sure what type and if it's close to stock functionability to ours. I think nashman has one that is like that