PCS Transmsision Controller install

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
I have been digging through the TEWD over the past few days trying to figure out how to wire the PCS controller in. Below is what I have come up with so far but there are some pieces missing. Also if anyone would be kind enough to double check everything I would appreciate it.

The TPS input is wrong from what I was reading due to the stock ECT getting signal from IDL and 3 other inputs from the stock ECU. IJ mentioned a camry TPS in another thread that would supply the needed signal. Is this necessary or can I setup the AEM EMS v1 to send a TPS signal to the PCS?

Hopefully I can get this diagram finished up for future reference of anyone attempting to install the PCS controller.

iMMjZ.jpg

For the shift logic:

SqeBc.jpg

Last edited:

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Ill have to play around with the software later to find that function in the AEM.

How did the wiring look for the rest of it? Where is the Drive, Reverse and Park input located?

There is no Accumulator or Line pressure solenoids in a a340e correct?

Also wanting to verify IG signal to the ECT is RPM?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I wired mine all from scratch as I was using the MoTeC at that time, TEWD has good diagrams for the Selector inputs, No pressures in the 340 correct, Your AEM should already have an RPM input wired?

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
I was able to pull L, 2, and N from the TEWD but could not find the refrence for Park/Reverse and Drive.

I am still not very good with reading the TEWD but slowly finding my way through it.

Looks like the RPM signal is supplied through Pin 1A, NE based on the crank position sensor

Better off tapping into RPM signal or dedicating a output on the AEM to send RPM to the PCS?

Is Map sensor and coolant temp necessary inputs to the PCS or is this just for its logging function?

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Use a MultiMeter on the Shifter, from memory there is one common and 5 pins for each position.

If you already have an RPM signal to the AEM just T into it, yep map and temps are for logging or if you want/need additional outputs from the PCS based on those inputs.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Thank you btw IJ for taking the time to answer some questions.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=106

From this it looks like L = L pos, N = Nuetral, 2 = 2 pos and no continuity would = D pos. I am not sure what tells the ECT the transmission is in reverse. Worse case I guess I will just run the 6 wires down to the shifter but it would be nice to have all the wires sourced from one location.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Updated first post for the RPM and TPS signal to tap into wires going to the ECU. Still have not managed to find any info for Park, Reverse and Drive signals. Ill probably get in there with a multimeter this weekend. The signal has to be sent to the ECT somehow.

Apollonius

Feb 5, 2008
Houston, TX
Pretty sure I have all the wiring straightened out. The Park input is ran to the ABS computer...

The only position I could not find anywhere was Reverse.

IJ does the a340E not require electronic control for the reverse position?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
My 340 manual is down in the shed and I was just heading off to bed sorry..

Pretty sure it's covered in the TRSM under the ECT section.
(can't trust my memory for things like this)