pbasil1's Build up

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Well i think its time to fill you guys in on what i have been up to with my supra. For those who dont know me, my name is pat, and ive been talking with Jay (Suprahero) on here alot. I mostly do alot of reading and learning here, but i feel its now my time to post up the build im working on, and contribute to the forum.

Well, im in the sorta slow process of rebuilding my 91 supra. I figured ide be kind enough to keep you guys updated with the progress... Right now the car sits mostly stock, except for the JDM 1JZ-GTE motor that the previous owner installed.

Right now my parts list is pretty small but it will be growing alot over the period of the next month....

Parts List:
1JZ aluminum flywheel (11.5lb)
ARP flywheel bolts
R154 trans rebuild kit
OEM clutch slave cylinder
AEM Uego wideband o2
Crower 272 cams with upgraded springs and titanium retainers.
540cc Sard Fuel injectors
Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator
South Bend stage 3 full face clutch kit
ARP head studs
Heavy duty bearing cover plate And poly shifter bushing for R154 trans
Tial 50mm blow off valve
1st gear thrust washer
New oil pressure sender
Stinger Standalone + PnP Harness
ST Sway Bars
Energy Poly Bushings
2JZ oil pump (new)
1JZ power steering pump (new)
Greddy timing belt
Complete 1JZ gasket set w/ headgasket
Nashman Short shifter
DM aluminum pully set
BM 8x11x1.5" oil cooler
Oil filter block block adapter
-8AN steel braided oil lines
T4 turbo oil lines
T4 custom manifold
31x12x3" Intercooler
46mm external wastegate

Parts on the way:
TBA

Heres a pic of the parts i have as of now. I will be ordering more tomorrow or thursday night. Ill keep you guys posted as the list grows.

p1293466_1.jpg

Crower 272 cams with upgraded springs and titanium retainers.
540cc Sard Fuel injectors
Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator
South Bend stage 3 full face clutch kit
ARP head studs
Heavy duty bearing cover plate And poly shifter bushing for R154 trans

p1293466_2.jpg

ST Sway bars, A1 Endlinks (rear), Greddy timing belt, Energy Poly bushings )front and rear control arms), New Oil pump, New power steering pump.

p1293466_3.jpg

Regulus type header panel. (sweetness)
p1293466_4.jpg

Stinger Standalone ECU w/ PnP harness :D
p1293466_5.jpg

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
I ordered a bunch of lines and adapters to make up my oil cooler/relocation kit, as well as the lines ill need for the big turbo im going to run. Heres a pic of the goodies.

And might i say, its a bit of work to get the hose ends on! it too all the strength i had to get some of them on the braided lines!

p1293467_1.jpg

I decided to somewhat polish the intake runners, i figure it will help flow slightly, and i think it just feels good to do it. LOL i doubt much will come of it, but im sure it helps in some way. Its much smoother inside the runners now, it was very rough from the sand casting. Here's a few pics for fun. Im still learning how to use this new macro lens i got, so the pics arent too great. sorry!

Lower intake runner. May not look it, but it is smooth to the touch.
p1293467_2.jpg

p1293467_3.jpg

p1293467_4.jpg

Upper intake mani.
p1293467_5.jpg

p1293467_6.jpg

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
More parts!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Were getting down to the good stuff now! I got my turbo manifold in yesterday. It looks pretty good, and feels solid. I also received the massive intercooler, and wastegate.

Heres some pics!

p1293469_1.jpg

And an update on suspension, i just got done repainting the shocks to match the green sway bars i bought. What do you guys think?

p1293469_2.jpg

Some more parts are on the way, ill post some pics when they get in.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Just got done ripping apart the whole front subframe. What a pain in the ass! I had to cut out the lower control arm bolts. Hopefully Jeff at Champion Toyota has a set for me...

I hope i can get the new bushings in by the weekend. I also picked up a reman, rack and pinion from a new buddy that works at Advance auto. No pics for now. Ill update when the new parts get in this week.