Paypal Sucks!!!

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
As we all know paypal ans ebay are one. Well Ive been using paypal and ebay for years nowsold things on the forum here and there bought tons off ebay and make most of my payments online through paypal. Ive been satisfied so far.
Well Ive been selling more stuff lately and mostly on ebay, So far in the past week and a half Ive made around 800$ Great right? well no.... technically i havent made anything yet as paypal is "holding" my money... What they claim is they hold your money for 21 days to make sure the buyer is happy...gay right? it gets worse not only are they holding money Ive made off ebay, they are holding money ive recieved for selling stuff to people outside of ebay and also payments sent as gifts and also payments from friends and family as "money owed".......SERIOUSLY?? how are they protecting anyone from anything when there is no buyer involved?? Also since my bank account is liked to my paypal they can(and have before) take money from my bank account without my approval so why the need th hold money for buyer protection if they can take it directly from my bank in case of a payment reversal due to a complaint? Ill tell you why, its the same reason it takes over 3 days to transfer paypal money to your bank account, because paypal pays you no interest! But Im sure they got all those digital dollars in a fancy bank account and the longer they hold or freeze or whatever they do to keep YOUR money in THEIR bank they are making money off us!
So far paypal has taken hostage over 1200 dollars of my money. I am not sure if I will ever see it judging from all the horror stories ive been reading the past couple of hours.. Paypal and ebay are good for 2 things buying stuff and possibly if you are a business selling tons of stuff on ebay... for the average seller who needs to make a quick buck off some stuff they got laying around forget about it..
I honestly believe the govt needs to step in and make some rules to keep them from taking advantage of people.... but then again the govt is even more greedy....:3d_frown:

Check out this site for some horror stories most of which make my complaints look stupid
http://paypalsucks.com/

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
So If I never see my money just as many others have gotten screwed by paypal then what??I understand they need to make money the way they are doing it is unethical and wrong. This is just a way to make even more money by screwing people.. Its a lose lose and they know it. I as well as most people are stuck using paypal. If I dont use it and request money orders instead the buyer will move on I know I sure would even it it meant saving 10 or more$

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Not sure what makes you think they are withholding your money for good? I've used paypal for many transactions and have nothing but good things to say, but I am not making many transactions in a short period or running a business or anything so I can't speak for that. I have had my account hacked into before and they were very easy to work with and prompt to return me my money. I am no expert but considering the amount of paypal disputes they see, there is probably reason behind holding your money for a specified amount of time to ensure there is no fraudulent activity going on, can't be an easy task considering the amount of fraud on ebay and the internet in general.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
At the risk of appearing obvious here... if they were really that bad, I'd think that Google Wallet or some other competing service would have put them in a grave by now. Considering this hasn't happened, they must not be annoying the vast majority of their customers.

Typhoon

Jun 30, 2007
ACT
Look up escrow and escrow service. That's what Paypal is. Considering the amount of money Paypal has saved me over the years by allowing me to dispute transactions with shonky asshats, I'm more than happy for them to take their tiny percentage and hold money for a short time whilst they ensure both parties are happy.
It sounds like you have not read the terms and conditions or don't know how to budget your income.

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
http://paypalsucks.com/ Read some of the stuff in there....

Again I loved paypal until this. Then I started selling stuff and now this. Even still holding payments for 21 days?? even with using their shipping stuff on paypal and having tracking numbers and having to pay for shipping out of pocket because all the money I made isnt available yet.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Have you called them and asked why they are holding the money? You can ask each person you sold something to, to E-Mail you a good review.

Seems pretty weird they would do something like this. Have all those customers received their item? Do you ship with a tracking number, if so, track all those packages and see that they were delivered and use that as proof they are happy since no complaints were made.

I am assuming no complaints were made against you.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
GrimJack;1775276 said:
At the risk of appearing obvious here... if they were really that bad, I'd think that Google Wallet or some other competing service would have put them in a grave by now. Considering this hasn't happened, they must not be annoying the vast majority of their customers.

IIRC, you're now required to accept paypal if you sell on ebay.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Poodles;1775286 said:
IIRC, you're now required to accept paypal if you sell on ebay.
Well, considering that eBay owns PP, I'm not terribly surprised. However, there is a large difference between requiring sellers to accept PP, and requiring sellers to accept PP exclusively. If I buy something, I'm not required to pay using PP in most cases.

Not that I really mind terribly anyway, paypal works well and it's cheap.

To be honest, I have more problems with sellers being unwilling to ship outside the USA - and I lose more money on shipping than I ever have in PP fees! So many sellers want to charge 10x the cost of shipping, and are unwilling to ship using anything except UPS, the rape and pillage company. I could hire someone from a third world country to WALK here with my packages, pay for all their expenses, and it would probably still be cheaper. And faster. And they would wait at my house until I come home. Wait... I think I'm on to something here... opens business plan template...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
flight doc89;1775975 said:
Huge "NAY" on more government regulation. If you are dissatisfied, contact them. If you are still dissatisfied, don't use them.

You and your silly Free market thinking!! That will never work!!! ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk