Paying shop rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Well I have to pay my shop rent tomorrow and what better way than good old solid cash. LOL
p1240991_1.jpg

p1240991_2.jpg

LMAO

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
My f-ing rent company would NOT accept my first months rent in cash!!$#&*^!!!

How messed up is that?

It was over 2 grand and me and my roommates show up with 2 grand in cash and the guy freaks out. He said, "whoa, we can't take cash here. We don't have a safe or anything so we can't accept that. You need a check or money order..."

The thing that gets me is that we previously dealt with the manager and paid him $3000 IN CASH for the deposit.

Apparently legal U.S. tender is not ok for rent in Boulder...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
suprarx7nut;1241265 said:
My f-ing rent company would NOT accept my first months rent in cash!!$#&*^!!!

How messed up is that?

It was over 2 grand and me and my roommates show up with 2 grand in cash and the guy freaks out. He said, "whoa, we can't take cash here. We don't have a safe or anything so we can't accept that. You need a check or money order..."

The thing that gets me is that we previously dealt with the manager and paid him $3000 IN CASH for the deposit.

Apparently legal U.S. tender is not ok for rent in Boulder...

Unless it's stated as such in your lease (which I doubt it is), they have to take it.

Tons of stories like this. Remember one where a woman had to pay $2000 in fines or some crap... she paid in unwrapped pennies :biglaugh:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I used to pay rent to a friend to live in his house... I paid him rent via cheque for quite a while, and in the 'notes' line I'd put a different sexual innuendo every month. I did it because he was such a priss about it, and everyone else thought it was halarious. He would only deposit it in bank machines because he didn't want tellers to nice :D

I know... I'm mean.

Paying the government in pennies is just plain fun though.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Keros;1241332 said:
I used to pay rent to a friend to live in his house... I paid him rent via cheque for quite a while, and in the 'notes' line I'd put a different sexual innuendo every month. I did it because he was such a priss about it, and everyone else thought it was halarious. He would only deposit it in bank machines because he didn't want tellers to nice :D

I know... I'm mean.

Paying the government in pennies is just plain fun though.

Pennies are not legal tender. You cannot pay your taxes in them.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
funky_monkey58;1241396 said:
Pennies are not legal tender. You cannot pay your taxes in them.

Pennies are cash, so the line off a bill that reads "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" still applies. As such, if they refuse it, you are released from the debt.

Yes you can pay your taxes in them, but if you have a couple thousand in loose pennies, they'll make you stay until it's counted...

Status
Not open for further replies.