Paying homage to the new section

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I don't have any problem adding MKIV's to the site..........as long as we can agree that the "MKIII is not a Supra" comment stays at SF. And I think we need some kind of way to limit membership to Supra owners only. I'd like to keep our search function working.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Element256 said:
VIN field @ registration would be an easier way to accomplish that

It's been discussed in several places. There are a number of issues, here are just a few:

• people don't like giving out VIN's
  • what if a user has a vin and someone else shows up with the same vin - who is the real "owner".
  • what about former owners who have vins?
  • what about people like me, who have converted cars into race cars? I still have the vins and & titles for every race car we've built. Several of the cars don't exist anymore - some are sold to other people. But I've got the VINS & titles.
In the end, it's more trouble than it's worth...

Sawbladz said:
Going O/T much? Didn't we already have this discussion?

Less talk...more pics of Mk4's.

Good point.

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
I wasn't trying to take it OT just saying it'd be easier than the scan of registration with all your personal info on it.

BACK TO PICS !!!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprabad said:
That is an awesome idea.

I'm serious. Maybe you should have to scan a copy of your registration or something.

That's dumb. There's no need to prove you're a Supra owner to be here I'm not scanning my registration or my VIN for anybody.

anyway, back to pics.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
How about we Mods just ban stupid people as needed.......

Ohhhhh hang on that would be EXACTLY what happens now and the site seems to be running fine.

Enough of this Sky is falling Chicken Little shit the world isn't going to end if a few Mk4 guys join NOTHING will change to how we do business here.

There ISN'T going to be a mass influx of trolls.

Mike has Veto power over new applicants.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Supracentral said:
In the end, it's more trouble than it's worth...

Yeah, I guess you're right...I hadn't thought it out as well as you have.

Still, it's too bad that the logistics (apparently) make it impossible.

I think if it were feasable, it would be of great benefit, not only to dedicated Supra enthusiasts, but also to Supramania itself.

Element256

Bickaty Bam !!
Jul 17, 2007
SoCal
SM will be just fine with SC and Theresa at the helm. I'm not worried in the slightest.

FOR THE 4th TIME BACK ON TOPIC AND BACK TO PICS

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
19iv5.jpg

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
suprabad said:
Yeah, I guess you're right...I hadn't thought it out as well as you have.

Still, it's too bad that the logistics (apparently) make it impossible.

I think if it were feasable, it would be of great benefit, not only to dedicated Supra enthusiasts, but also to Supramania itself.

I disagree, there are plenty of people here who don't *own* a Supra, but are still valuable members of the site.

<<---- Case in point.

I have never, nor do I currently own a Supra. "My" Supra is in fact not my own personal, owned by myself car. Should I leave now?

But there's enough of this conversation happening in other parts of the site. This thread need not be one of them.