Pay Pal Sucks a**

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
I bought a part from a SM member, part is jacked up and unuseable, I spent 250 bucks. I opened a dispute with pay pal and they all ready ruled that he wins the claim. They say that they dont protect the product if it is not as decribed or if there is somthing wrong with it. All they do is try to retrive your money if the part never showed up....... Thats the biggest crock ive ever heard, so now at least everybody knows you dont have to have a accurate description... Talke about getting screwed

What do you think???

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I don't know about now, but when I had used paypal to sell a 1958 Milwaukee Braves signed baseball a few years ago. The guy got it after buying on ebay from me for $200, claimed it was forged to paypal, and got his money back. We even called and told them it wasn't forged. I don't know why he could win something like this over me but you couldn't win this...

He lived in WI too... I was so close to going to his door and just beating it from him... but I let it slide cause I didn't want to risk getting caught.

pp sucks.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
jkbmkiii;1010246 said:
I bought a part from a SM member, part is jacked up and unuseable, I spent 250 bucks. I opened a dispute with pay pal and they all ready ruled that he wins the claim. They say that they dont protect the product if it is not as decribed or if there is somthing wrong with it. All they do is try to retrive your money if the part never showed up....... Thats the biggest crock ive ever heard, so now at least everybody knows you dont have to have a accurate description... Talke about getting screwed

What do you think???

That really sucks.. and $250 bucks lot of money to let go down tubes... I have won 2 disputs threw paypal over ebay items.. but did not follow threw as shipping is never coverd and with one item i paid 1cent and 20 shipping..
Im sure you are wondering how you can bitch about something you paid 1 cent for.. well i use to be big in nascar heat and wanted a nice wheel for my PC ad clearly stated was for PC .. damn thing was for a x box...Second was 50mm waste gate. paid for extra spring.. wanted a 10psi and 16psi springs.. he didnt even ship me the second spring then claimed he did then admitted he didnt because they dont sell 16psi springs..even tho his ad says.. can swap out for springs 6 psi - 22 psi...was like 69 for gate and 29 shipping.. now i will have to pay someone eles shipping for spring .. so im screwed no mater what in both cases...
Ive bought 2 things off members here 1 has cosmetic defalts that was not described was told had insurance on item but has not returned any emails sence i asked about it.. Second: 3 pistons out of the 6 i bought have nics in them..
for what i paid its not worth to ship back and get refund and wait 2 more weeks on pistons..so ill just have to use them..I dont blame person i bought from as he says he did not know.. but i dont have time or money to wait

Hope you get some resolve out of your problem...

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
HommerSimpson;1010273 said:
That really sucks.. and $250 bucks lot of money to let go down tubes... I have won 2 disputs threw paypal over ebay items.. but did not follow threw as shipping is never coverd and with one item i paid 1cent and 20 shipping..
Im sure you are wondering how you can bitch about something you paid 1 cent for.. well i use to be big in nascar heat and wanted a nice wheel for my PC ad clearly stated was for PC .. damn thing was for a x box...Second was 50mm waste gate. paid for extra spring.. wanted a 10psi and 16psi springs.. he didnt even ship me the second spring then claimed he did then admitted he didnt because they dont sell 16psi springs..even tho his ad says.. can swap out for springs 6 psi - 22 psi...was like 69 for gate and 29 shipping.. now i will have to pay someone eles shipping for spring .. so im screwed no mater what in both cases...
Ive bought 2 things off members here 1 has cosmetic defalts that was not described was told had insurance on item but has not returned any emails sence i asked about it.. Second: 3 pistons out of the 6 i bought have nics in them..
for what i paid its not worth to ship back and get refund and wait 2 more weeks on pistons..so ill just have to use them..I dont blame person i bought from as he says he did not know.. but i dont have time or money to wait

Hope you get some resolve out of your problem...

After doing the dispute I blame the SM member......

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
lol. Another reason (even through paypal) to use a credit card. Your CC companies will get your money back for you, if there is any problem ;)

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
^ yep. Ususally you have 30 days to dispute the charge with your credit card company and they WILL get your money back.
Ive never been verified on paypal and only use my CC. Mostly because i dont and never had checks so i dont know my routing #.. oh well

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
PP is my choice becuse I don't have to wait for a freaking check. As I can see PP has nothing to do with this. You are just dealing with a Jack ASS

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
BorHor;1011044 said:
PP is my choice becuse I don't have to wait for a freaking check. As I can see PP has nothing to do with this. You are just dealing with a Jack ASS

That is also true!

This will be going to the dispute section but I need to get photos after I leave work today!

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
GrimJack;1011087 said:
Paypal isn't the one ripping you off, selling products that aren't as advertised. How about you focus your anger at the guy responsible?

Ill never get that money back, and PP's decision had a lot to do with that..

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
GrimJack;1011290 said:
So, someone writes you a bad check, do you go after your bank for it? Hell, do you even go after their bank? No, you go after the clown that wrote you the bad check.

Iam mad about the fact that PP offers NO protection for anything sold, unless its thru its other company (ebay) or if the item never shows up. It seems like they make a bunch of money with no customer service.

I used money from one of my buyers that payed with PP, so out side of PP there is no way to get my money back.

And there will be a time and a place that I will vent my pissed offNess towards the seller, this is about Pay Pal sucking..

Last edited: