parting out 7m going 1jz

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
So i woke up today thinken i wont have any car problem HA! i waz so wrong. i started up my car to take my girls to school every thing waz fine just had the oil changed 2 days ago and the car waz runing fine last night. So on my way taken my girl to school i notice the temp gauge jumping up slowly and white smoke coming out from under the hood every time i stop at a light. (smell like burnt coolant) so i try to make it to her school and when i did the car still waz doing the same thing temp gauge still rising slowly so drop her off and on my way back home engine temp jumped up to hot so i pulled over right away and poped the hood white smoke waz coming out from a hose by the fire wall (on the pass side) i look in to the over flow that thing waz fill to the top and overflowing as i open the rad cap. so i open the rad car and let it sit to cool off for a while with the fan runing about 10 15 min later i closed the cap and started the car up again and slowly added more coolant and try to make it home but have to keep on pulling over to let it cool off..... after this whole ordeal i think i am going to go with a 1jz swap and party out my 7m

here some info about the 7m. it is a jdm motor the head gasket just been replaced back in December and also went with apr studs i change the timing belt and change cuple other gasket all at the some time i dont know if the gasket still good or not cuz after i got it out the shop i waz still geting sighs of BHG them mofo prolly didnt do it right fucken fags any way motor have to go need to make room for 1jz

Do any one know where i can find a good 1jz motor at a good price and i would also need a list of thing needed to do a complete swap from my 87 mk3

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Search is your friend, lots of info on SM for what you are looking for. Also you would want to start a thread in the for sale section to get rid of the 7M. Just trying to help you out before you get flamed!!

www.driftmotion.com = one source for 1J goodness

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
da89soup;921886 said:
Search is your friend, lots of info on SM for what you are looking for. Also you would want to start a thread in the for sale section to get rid of the 7M. Just trying to help you out before you get flamed!!

www.driftmotion.com = one source for 1J goodness

thanx alot pal im kinda new to this lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
First of all, welcome to Supramania. Secondly, try using punctuation and capital letters. It doesn' take that long and it makes your posts easier to read. Thirdly, Ryan is correct as usual. You can find just about anything you need to know by typing in a few selected words in the search, but most of the things you'll need for the 1jz swap can be found in this thread here. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29117

Good luck sir, I wish you the best. If you can't find any answers after you've searched for them, post up your questions and someone on here will help you.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
if you are looking for a motorset and not a clip i recommend JHOT Imports Inc.

i got my engine set from them and all was good

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
suprahero;921910 said:
First of all, welcome to Supramania. Secondly, try using punctuation and capital letters. It doesn' take that long and it makes your posts easier to read. Thirdly, Ryan is correct as usual. You can find just about anything you need to know by typing in a few selected words in the search, but most of the things you'll need for the 1jz swap can be found in this thread here. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29117

Good luck sir, I wish you the best. If you can't find any answers after you've searched for them, post up your questions and someone on here will help you.

sorry for no punctuation and wat not Im at work so Im just trying to post up realy fast so my boss wont catch me. Ill look in to the link u gave me to see if it help and I tryed to searching on Supramania and found some info but i need more. i am trying to do this right the first time so i can avoid any problem

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
BIC 1jz motor mounts
1jz motor
depending on what tranny you are using youll need a few parts
then wiring

im happy i moved on from the 7m and never looked back :)

BTW: maryland has some of the best supra performance shops around and im not even an hour away from philadelphia

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
mattsmall;922110 said:
BIC 1jz motor mounts
1jz motor
depending on what tranny you are using youll need a few parts
then wiring

im happy i moved on from the 7m and never looked back :)

BTW: maryland has some of the best supra performance shops around and im not even an hour away from philadelphia

Really! man ive been looking for a supra shop. The shop I been take my car to cant help me at all I need some one who know and work on cuple supra in the pass. if u can, can u name me a cuple of shop i can take my car too. One more question how much is a full 1jz swap gonna run me including labor?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
da89soup;921886 said:
Also you would want to start a thread in the for sale section to get rid of the 7M.

Not to be the F/S Nazi, but he has a few more posts to go before the system even allows him to post a classified thread. But, I'm all for it when that time comes.

But, on topic...Driftmotion is the way to go!!!

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
AF1JZ;922948 said:
Not to be the F/S Nazi, but he has a few more posts to go before the system even allows him to post a classified thread. But, I'm all for it when that time comes.

But, on topic...Driftmotion is the way to go!!!

thanx for the info man ima look in to it