part swap info

spartacus

Sep 3, 2011
westpoint il
sup newbi here i have a 89 supra mkIII. i have been working on it for a wile just had head ported and pollished. and was putting the spark wires on today and sudinly the car quit tested the battery it was good . (fuz) the coil went out i was wondering if theres any other car out there that i can part swap for a coil i work in a junkyard so all i got is time lol.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Hey man, yea, you can get 3 is300 coils and swap them for your old ones. Itll help with idle and much cleaner look in my opinion. Also, ground your ignitor and that will help as well with a smoother idle.

spartacus

Sep 3, 2011
westpoint il
i got it fixed now thankz guys, if u can pass along any great info to upgrade a car like mine dont hesitate to say somtin like i said im a newbi. the only thing i know about this car lol is how o put the head on. (dont let a woman who cant drive a stick run ur car you will be in the same boat as i am -.-)

spartacus

Sep 3, 2011
westpoint il
well i personally took the head off a 88 supra sent it in to get ported and polished and they put all new valves in. then u GOT to clean the block off with genital care. I used break cleaner and emery paper and lots and lots of oil towels be genital cuz if u put deep scratches in the block it will leak. then torque the head on at 75 to 80 lbs. i torque mine to 75( i read up on another form that if u dont torque to 80 u'll got through head gaskets like crazy so you chose i went by book). i got my car when the engine was tore apart from my dad and the mechanic so i didn't know how they took it off (what parts go were)and bolts were missing so i had to have a guy finish it. but now its running and it halls ass XD if you need step by step instructions i have book so i can look it up

spartacus

Sep 3, 2011
westpoint il
airhead04;1755415 said:
Hey man, yea, you can get 3 is300 coils and swap them for your old ones. Itll help with idle and much cleaner look in my opinion. Also, ground your ignitor and that will help as well with a smoother idle.
how do u ground your igiter my supra is idling at about 800 rpms and shakes like a dam chuwawa i have new wires plugs so i dont know what else to do the mechanic who did all the wiring for my put it on the diagnostics and its at factory settings