Panic time... 3" unrestricted Turbo Elbow.. yikes

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Anyone know where I can get a QUALITY 3" turbo elbow with 2 bungs.. one that the flanges are not warped??
Car is in shop.. and I dont really feel like paying them to correct it...

its a turbo elbow... can it be that hard to make? lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hard to make when you have to make 4000 of them before your 20 hour shift ends.

Chinese manufacturing jokes aside, I don't know of a reputable manufacturer of the elbow alone. I know BIC downpipes are well made and include the elbow built in. :)

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
well.. luckily.. George at Raptor Racing had a integrated downpipe in stock. Costly.. but a quality piece.

Funny how the LIPP items are no longer available anywhere.. they were good pieces...

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
^with 2 bungs.... you may need to buy one and modify it... I have done this to an SR20 outlet as they use an early/late O2 that corresponds to the ECU date...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
For what it is worth, any decent exhaust shop should be able to weld an extra bung on wherever you like it. :)

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I had a DP that had the 3" elbow included as a part of the DP itself. Previous owner had it made, and it was an awesome piece. Unfortunately I sold it back in April when I went 1JZ.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Raptor Racing's DP has the elbow integrated with a divorced wastegate tube (reintegrated). Perfect for my 57 trim plus it has the second bung already. Full 3" with a flex pipe and I think the test pipe is welded in. It looks like the inside is ceramic coated as well. Very nice piece of work. Expensive but well worth it. Overnighted it so the shop has it now and they were impressed. Kudo's to George for helping me out.

IMG_0297a.jpgIMG_0291a.jpg

Had I seen that LIPP elbow for sale first, I would have grabbed it, but I ordered this prior to seeing the post addition... : /