Painting intake manifold Good or bad?

Paint Stock Intake Manifold Flat Black?

• Total voters

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
I was thinking about painting the stock Intake Manifold Flat Black. i used it on my cam covers and it looks HOT.

i'm wondering if it'd look good or not. im not too sure

i searched and found a pic of a 7M with his FFIM painted flat black. i think it looks pretty sweet. what do you guys think?

like this

attachment.php

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
well the paint i got was a Low gloss black. looks satin not really flat. guess i should change that.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
got any pics???
thanks for editing my poll choices. do it again and remove Flat Black. Cause the paint i have is actually Satin finish

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Nice. your's looks to have a little flake in it. i noticed you didn't paint the throttle body. i Almost think i'd have to paint mine to flow better but im not sure.

your's is a nice aftermarket piece so i wouldn't have it coated either.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
nice

in the process of painting it now

i'll post pics when done

EDIT: done painting. Definitely looks like a Satin Finish. My bro-in-law and i sat out there and painted it up. and he helped me get a cross-threaded bolt in my NEW TiAL WG. pissed me off. but owell. just need to drill out the holes now :(

Last edited:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i did my lower black,it's called mirror black though.i never tried the other black's i have,but i do want to try the wrinkle black.
p870443_1.jpg

i did my upper silver though.it's alot easier to care for then polished.i do use car wax on it occasionaly
p870443_2.jpg

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
sweet that looks good man. i did the opposite.

i left the lower silver. its not even really visible but i MIGHT take it off tomorrow after work and paint it anyways. im getting ready to run out for some small groceries so i'll buy more satin black while im out to do the lower runner.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i hear ya.i just hate when aluminum get's all oxidation on it.i do my own powdercoating at home,so it only racks up the electric bill;)
the stealth look will be good i'm sure.i've seen a couple on the forumns before,but can't remember who's.beside sir IJ that is

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
yea i dunno who's that is in the original pic i posted. i found it when i searched for "Painted Intake Manifold." and some guy posted them.

i love how it looks. i painted it up but im gonna do a few more coats so it doesn't chip easily and scratch and show the oiginal aluminum. it will be SWEET when its all back together.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
yea im gonna leave my TB the nomal aluminum color. and later when i do IC piping i'll get them powder coated chome