Paint Ideas??

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
How different do you want it to be from what you have?

I like the burgundy on it so you could respray it that way if you want, but if you want something a little different but not too drastic check out Garnet Red Pearl (3K3).

Garnet Red Pearl was only a color on 92's and I've had a hard time finding pics for it, but it looks really good. In fact this car is the only one I've seen it on: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2283034 He used to be on here but sold his 92.

I think something like Imperial Jade Green (6Q7) or a similar green would look really good. It was a color offered on Mk4's, and I think it's one of the rarest colors on it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/435207

Of course, you can never go wrong with black. It's definitely one of my favorite colors on a MK3.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
im leaning towards Royal Saphire Pearl with black mouldings and black powdercoated MKIV wheels with a nice black interior for my car. when i have the 4.5ish grand to do that.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
mkthree92 said:
How different do you want it to be from what you have?

I like the burgundy on it so you could respray it that way if you want, but if you want something a little different but not too drastic check out Garnet Red Pearl (3K3).

Garnet Red Pearl was only a color on 92's and I've had a hard time finding pics for it, but it looks really good. In fact this car is the only one I've seen it on: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2283034 He used to be on here but sold his 92.

I think something like Imperial Jade Green (6Q7) or a similar green would look really good. It was a color offered on Mk4's, and I think it's one of the rarest colors on it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/435207

Of course, you can never go wrong with black. It's definitely one of my favorite colors on a MK3.

Garnet for you.:love:
p764822_1.jpg

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
I don't even know if this would work, but lately I've been thinking about getting like one really flashy red undercoat, and then like three dark dark black overcoats in an attempt to make it a black car with a reddish look in the sun or direct light.

Does anyone even know if this would work?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
black with red candy/metalflake

other way around wouldn't really work...

go to a good paint store, they can tell you what's possible pretty easily, but its' gonna cost you for a paintjob like that since it's a lot of layers...

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
These are some killer Ideas guys! (exept the viper yellow taxi. LOL)
The candy and the pearls would be awesome. I love the garnet, and I love the blue pearl color. and Black and redmetalflake would rock....gives me a base to go on. I will be painting the entire car, under the hood and door jambs included. Its alota work, but the other way is just to cheap and half ass. BTW Suprahero, did you notice the 2009 Lexus GT on the link you sent me? OMFG I want one!!! Isn't that the same body that is supposed to be the 2009 Supra?
Anyways, I got plenty of time to consider the paint. I was thinking about possibly doing Silver Metalflake Base, then a Candy dark purple, or red, then a ghost pattern of something in Pearls, then 6 or 8 coats of clear. It should have that HALO armor effect to it. I did my BMW motorcycle like that, and it was sweet! The pearl pattern would only be seen when light hits it at night. That would rock bigtime. What do you guys think? What kinda pattern would be kewl, but not look to ricey? More ideas? :love:

DriftShin

DriftingShinobi
Aug 17, 2007
Lusaka
Like the white with black hood scheme (preferable with the hood being carbon fiber). For mine tho, wanna get Metallic grey or silver and maybe even metallic dark blue. Black is soo cool on any car (menacing as hell) but doesn't fade well and car gets so hot inside!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Saavedro88 said:
Closest one's like an hour from here... ::moebaker::

Road trip. What's funner than driving your supra for an hour.........well besides sex, eating, watching t.v., playing golf, washing clothes, cutting grass..........just do it anyways.

DriftShin

DriftingShinobi
Aug 17, 2007
Lusaka
suprahero said:
Road trip. What's funner than driving your supra for an hour.........well besides sex, eating, watching t.v., playing golf, washing clothes, cutting grass..........just do it anyways.

Not too sure bout the golf, washing clothes and cutting grass. The 1st three make sense to me.

I like the colour on Kwnate's car (ride of the year).

Last edited: