Paint calipers?

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Hey,

My friend wanted to paint his calipers on his car this weekend, and I was just wondering if anyone here has done it, and if so, what did you use? Thanks for the help...

-J

GOT BOOST

Mar 30, 2005
Canada
www.supraclub.ca
jbsupra89t said:
Hey,

My friend wanted to paint his calipers on his car this weekend, and I was just wondering if anyone here has done it, and if so, what did you use? Thanks for the help...

-J

Hi jbsupra89t,

I painted my calipers about 2 years ago. I used the G2 Laquer paint. It is applied by a brush and you need to mix the paint with the hardner. I had also cleaned the calipers with brake cleaner and a wire brush to scrape off the corrosion. The G2 Laquer leaves a nice glosy finish and has so far not chipped nor faded. There is a caliper paint called VHT and it is a spray on application. I had sprayed it on my exhaust head just to see. I was not impressed with the results as it was not glossy like the G2, and it had a dull finish.

Hope this helps.

Mike Nikolai

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Thanks man, that's what I had been finding. Most people seem to prefer the G2 over others. I'll tell him to check it out, thanks!

-J

GOT BOOST

Mar 30, 2005
Canada
www.supraclub.ca
jbsupra89t said:
Thanks man, that's what I had been finding. Most people seem to prefer the G2 over others. I'll tell him to check it out, thanks!

-J

No worries,

Oh........ I should mention that the G2 laquer will dry quickly so mix a little at a time. This will help prolong the life of your mixture! You can go to an arts and crafts store and pick up some small fine paintbrushes for next to nothing. I do not know the URL on the G2 Laquer off by hand but I am sure you can find it pretty easy.

Mike Nikolai

chedderknight

PiYauD-BaKa
Apr 4, 2005
Glendale, CA
www.myspace.com
I just got a can of brake caliper paint from Pepboys, and did the usual routine (clean, brush, primer, paint, etc) looks real good, I just need to get around to doing my rear calipers and then I'm set.