Pain in the Rear

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
I made it over 500 miles with my new clutch so I figured what better way to test the grip than to do alittle burnout launch. Grip was good and the air smokey but down the road I noticed when I let of the gas I heard a humming from behind me and when I pushed the clutch in it was a bit louder. Since my back seats are out I can tell its %90 something w/ the rear(%10 error). Now my question is what do these symptoms point towards?? My car is a 86.5 w/ 239,000 on it and a 4.3 rear.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
A rear section shouldn't be hard to find. Many people search for a front section when doing a swap.

As I type this, I question how is the resulting new driveshaft find balance? I thought that was why we marked things as we took them apart, to not upset the balance.

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
I would think id have a broke rear before a twisted DS. DS has about 80k on it and I dont "drop" the clutch so although its possible, I doubt its the shaft. Ill try to make a vid of the noise.

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
IJ.;1359204 said:
Ok you know all about it then.....

WHY ASK if you're not going to listen?

No need to need to get feisty. So if the ds was twisted would it still hum coasting at 5mph? I would think that a twisted shaft would vibrate since it would be off balance but I dont seem to notice any up to 85mph.