PacNW Supras Nationals Results!

ra24man

Dec 11, 2006
Vantucky, WA
Thanks to everyone that came out and braved the heat this weekend! Special thanks to the Rrev Motorsports staff for hosting this event! Jim, Virginia, Scott, Dennis, and my brother-in-law Brian...thanks for keeping the BBQ going strong! Thanks to Adam for keeping the dyno numbers updated! Thank you Keith for the PA...sorry I didn't have anything witty to say with the mic...it's just not my deal! I'd also like to thank Rich for his photo-doc work in getting owners with their cars...what a great idea! It seems like everyone had a great time! I know I did! We ended up having 16 cars on the dyno Saturday... here's the participants that went home with hardware...

MkII Dyno - James Cook, 375HP
MkIII Dyno - Dan Kalich, 667HP
MkIV Dyno - Brian Robards, 889HP

The drags, like the Show/Shine, were a hot event weather-wise, but the competition was a little light. Not surprising, I can't ever remember a time when so few cars ran at PIR on a Saturday night. I'm sure the weather kept many people away. We did have a strong showing in the grandstands, and I soft-counted approximately 20 Supras there, with 9/10 running. Highlight of the drags has to be the smile on the Professor's face while leaving the line in the Silver Slug! We did have a couple casualties...a rear diff in a MkII and a MkIII transmission that wouldn't stay in gear after the first pass. The MkIII came on a trailer and left on it as well...the MkII left on a tow truck. In a great showing of Supra Brotherhood, a replacement diff showed up about an hour later! It was hot out there...and it was great to see the north enders hanging out at the track before driving home for the evening.

MkII Drag - James Cook, 13.05 @ 109.mph
MkIII Drag - Dan Kalich, 13.1 @ 118.mph
MkIV Drag - Scott Westenskow, 13.1 @ 119.mph

The Show/Shine can easily be described with one word...HOT!! I found it interesting to watch everyone retreat with the shade in the early afternoon! HAHA! We had 28 paying participants, but I would venture a guess that there were about 45 Supras and a hand full of Lexi and even a couple of Hondas. I think there were more MkIIs than MkIII/IV combined...CS.com peeps were definitely out in force! Burgers and dogs were excellent! It was a great showing this year!

MkII S/S - Jessica Nelson, Austin Easley, 85 P-Type
MkIII S/S - Ron Ramirez, 92 2JZ
MkIV S/S - Jojo Pagulayan, 98 Phoenix Gold (rolling stereo system)
People's Choice - Dan Kalich 91 MkIII White w/CCWs

Todays' cruise had 21 Supras, a Lexus photog car from Kirkland, and a Chimp on a Hog. Traffic didn't really allow much 'stretching of the legs' so to speak, but I heard many comments on the scenic drive up the Gorge. Hope everyone made it home safely...it was great seeing everyone, and I'll see you at the next shin-dig!

Last edited:

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
You forgot to mention my clutch slipping so bad I was losing a full second in the 1/4 mile. My Supra was also an electrical casualty for a few minutes. On the way back from my run against Chris I noticed my headlights weren't working. When I got back to the pits I borrowed someones volt meter and ended up switching some wires around to fix the issue. Luckily my dad knows wiring because I sure as hell don't. No problem on the dyno results, I was quite impressed on the results based on how hot it was. Some Mustang did the final dyno pull at almost 101 degrees!!! Too bad we didn't have best mod award, otherwise I might have had a chance at winning something. Oh well, there's always next year right? I took 51 pics. I was sad to see that I was the only MKIII that did the scenic drive. I was out numbered my MKII's and MKIV's. It was a lot of fun making my final pass against Chris and his MKI. But thumbs up to all who showed up and all who helped out.

Last edited:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Sounds like it was a good showing, would have liked to be there but the car took a royal shit outside Auburn and wont be making it to many meets in the next year.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Uh oh... tell me it's only bhg and not the knock!

Wish I could've been there as well! But as Mark already knows, I'm still waiting on some parts, and I still need to order my air filter, plus I wouldn't have been able to afford gas to get there If I took the weekend off of work :biglaugh:

Pyrite

Jun 25, 2008
Yamhill, Or
I am so glad that I went. I am just sorry I wasn't able to get my supra up and going then honestabe you woudn't have been the only mkIII on the cruise. A local club out here in McMinnville will be at PIR on **EDIT** sept 6th . I would love it if some of you guys could come out and show em how it's done. I should have my Supra there. Not sure if my clutch will be broken in enough to run though. Who drives the black MKII that was screamin that night? I had loads of fun seeing all the Supras can't wait to do it again. We should arrange some sort of last horra before the summer is over.

Last edited:

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
thanks for setting this up mark, it was alot of fun, and my first ever supra meet. hopefully there are many more to come (next time my supra will be with me)