Friday Aug 15th
Cruise-in at Jim Dandy Drive-in 7PM

Saturday Aug 16th
Dyno Competition - Rrev Motorsports 9am-3pm
Show/Shine - Rrev Motorsports 11am-4pm
Drag Competition - PIR- 6pm

Sunday Aug 17th
Cruise the Gorge/Awards - 10am-2pm

I know what everyone must be thinking…it’s about F-N time!! My apologies with my lack of timeliness in getting the info out. I hope I haven’t turned anyone off by waiting too long. After discussions with many people, I've decided to schedule the main events for the same day. There was a fair amount of people that said a Friday night drag event was difficult to make, so we're going to do things a little different this year. I'd like to get a cruise-in going for Friday night somewhere in the Portland area. This will be a great opportunity for a low-key hangout and BS session. The cruise-in will be at Jim Dandy Drive-In in east Portland at 7pm. Dyno and show/shine events will be held at Rrev Motorsports starting at 9am Saturday the 16th. Dyno runs will be held on a first come/first serve basis. All prepaid dyno runs will cost $40 for three runs with A/F on Rrev’s Dynojet 224XLC. Prepayment does not put you in line, so please show up early! Anyone who feels that they would like to run on the dyno and pay the day of the event will be charged $50, payable to Rrev. K&S race fuels and Methanol will be available for purchase at the shop. This will be a great opportunity for all those drag racers to get their fuel needs met before the drag event. We will be doing the show/shine in the parking lot in front of Rrev starting at 11am. All paid entrants to the show/shine will receive a coupon good for two hamburgers or hotdogs and two drinks at the event and entrance into the show/shine competition. Judging will be a community affair. Cost of this event will be $10. The drag event will be held at Portland International Raceway on Saturday evening. Gates open at 6pm. Admission into PIR is $8 per person, racers are $25 (includes admission). If you are not a PIR card holder, there will be an additional $10 fee to purchase a card (good for the remainder of the season). You will be required to pass tech. Basic tech rules are located here >> http://www.portlandraceway.com/docs/Basic_Tech_2006_1.pdf . A representative will be in the tech lane to get everyone sorted out. Sunday we will be taking a little cruise. Pack your picnic lunch Sunday, cause we're cruising the Columbia Gorge. Make sure to bring your camera for this event, as the gorge is known for it's outstanding views! We'll be stopping at Bonneville Dam for lunch and trophy presentations. Notable locations/possible stops include Crown Point, Multnomah Falls, Beacon Rock and more. We'll be taking the old scenic highway on the Oregon side and crossing the river at the Bridge of the Gods. I decided to keep this one a little short in hopes that we can get a large turnout.

I will be taking prepayment on the dyno and show/shine events, the drag racing will be paid at the gate to PIR. Payments can be made via paypal to pacnwsupras08@gmail.com. Your payment will be your RSVP, or you can email me at pacnwsupras08@gmail.com. Please RSVP no later than August 11th. I’ll start a thread with verbal commitments and payment status once they start rolling in. Please help a brother out and add the 3.9% to cover the paypal fees. I’ll be supplying trophies, for fastest, best of show, and high HP for MkII,MkIII, and MkIVs and and a Peoples Choice Award. Any extra money made from this event will be donated to SILV 2008 to help support the greatest Supra Show in the nation! I’m not about making this some testosterone fueled ultra competitive event, I’m more interested in getting all the Supra peeps together and sharing each others cars, stories, and plans. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Points of Interest:

Jim Dandy Drive-In
9626 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97220
www.jimdandydrivein.com

Rrev Motorsports
2700 N Hayden Island Dr
Portland, OR 97217
503-289-4020
www.rrevmotorsports.com

Portland International Raceway
1940 N Victory Blvd.
Portland, OR 97217
503-823-7223
www.portlandraceway.com

Nearby Hotel Information

http://www.bestwesternoregon.com/hotels/best-western-inn-at-the-meadows/

http://redlion.rdln.com/HotelLocator/HotelOverview.aspx?metaID=77

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/cont...t=&id=11544&propBrandId=DI&force_nostay=false

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/PDXNH?&gclid=CMDN962eu5QCFR8ViQodtDy0TA

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Well, that sucks mark. What happened to end of July poll? I don't think I will be there but I will sticky this for you. BOTI is also around that time.

Duane

Cravin Boost

MMMM Smells like coolant
Nov 8, 2005
Eugene OR
Mark thanks for putting in all the effort on getting this going! your not gonna be able to make everybody happy just go with what ya know man!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Thanks for putting in the effort Mark. From what it looks like organizing this event is more than a hand full with plenty of people to nag about the details. Me for one, but screw it i'll do whatever I can to rep. Hopefully we can get more people down there maybe even gather up a census to rival the 06' suprafest.

Where will most of the events be taking place? Any specific spots yet like dyno, track, etc. that way we can start thinking about hotel accommodations that are close to most of the action.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Im sure the details have yet to be worked out, but what kind of activities usually take place at this meet? I wont have much more than a stock mk2 but I wouldnt mind a couple runs down the 1/4mile.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
theWeezL;1053514 said:
Im sure the details have yet to be worked out, but what kind of activities usually take place at this meet? I wont have much more than a stock mk2 but I wouldnt mind a couple runs down the 1/4mile.

Normally, dyno, racing and show & shine and of course hanging out with all the Supra people! Lots of fun! :icon_bigg

Duane

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
i know that me and a few of my surpa buddies in vancouver will be going. hopefully we could get some kind of group dyno deal with r rev.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I am going to miss this one also. Seafair, and the Fairchild AFB (F-22 Raptor demo!):thumbup::boink: airshow are the two previous weekends, I will just be too burned out (and broke!) to do three weekends of partying in a row! The price of gas is really screwing things up this summer!:icon_mad:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Awww, come on Tom 3 weeks of partying isnt all that much, heh.

I'll be in the middle of moving back across the state again but will make my best effort to be there.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Yeah, I shouldn't be that hasty with my decision to not attend. If I can get my car squared away by then, I too will make a concerted effort to be there.:icon_razz

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
SMP142;1068703 said:
wish i could come. i'll be outa the country though.
hey tom, you going to the air show at mcchord july 19-20?

Brian;
That sucks you won't be at the meet. My son is finding out about the military sacrifice also! He's now in Eastern Afghanistan with the 101st Airborne Div.
Yes I will be at the Airshow/Open house, on Sunday the 20th. Big weekend! Saturday I'll be at the PacNW Nationals drag race!:bigthumb: