Pacesetter

K Spec

May 14, 2006
San Diego
What do you think of Pacesetter headers and exhaust? I bought their headers but haven't put them on yet. I'm thinking of buying thery're exhaust.

ratpick63

detroit iron defector
May 4, 2006
Glendale, CA
I was reading thru ma70.com on Bishop's(?) Supra and he thought the final part of the pacesetter header was way to small, where it goes from two into one. He cut it right at the Y and welded up 2.5" But that's about all I've heard. Always thought they were kinda lower end/ cheaper type of stuff. Doesn't mean I won't buy one in a couple weeks- I'm not rich!

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
its never been put on my car. has a few scratches from sitting around. still has the factory paint. if you want pics give me your email.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
yeah thats what i was going to do but ran low on cash.

ratpick63 said:
I was reading thru ma70.com on Bishop's(?) Supra and he thought the final part of the pacesetter header was way to small, where it goes from two into one. He cut it right at the Y and welded up 2.5" But that's about all I've heard. Always thought they were kinda lower end/ cheaper type of stuff. Doesn't mean I won't buy one in a couple weeks- I'm not rich!

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
For the amount of money you would spend to have a header fabircated you would probably be well on your way to a turbo swap or NA-T.

I have a Pacesetter header sitting in my basement that I need to get ceramic coated and put on. I will be modifying the collector to 2.5" and moving the o2 sensor location as well. I'm planning on picking up a Pacesetter catback as well; I want something stock looking that isn't too loud. My current exhaust looks and sounds like poo. :(

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
MA70Supra88 said:
For the amount of money you would spend to have a header fabircated you would probably be well on your way to a turbo swap or NA-T.

I have a Pacesetter header sitting in my basement that I need to get ceramic coated and put on. I will be modifying the collector to 2.5" and moving the o2 sensor location as well. I'm planning on picking up a Pacesetter catback as well; I want something stock looking that isn't too loud. My current exhaust looks and sounds like poo. :(

I have a quote for 325 to have full tubular race headers made. Any size i desire within reletivity.

I dont think thats too bad.

K Spec

May 14, 2006
San Diego
MA70Supra88 said:
From where? That sounds like a good deal. What are they made out of?
Yeah, I'd like to know, too. Gotta be carefull, and make sure the optimize the flow by balancing exhaust flow. (Bent so that gasses travel the same distance to the down pipe.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
I got this estimate abotu a year and a half ago. From a performance exhaust shop. I forget the materials ect, but he drew up a plan on his computer and it looks very very nice, maybe ill stop by on the way home fromw work tommarow.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
The Pacesetter header was nice once modified to fit me, course it costs more to modify it then it did to purchase the header...but at the time there weren't any other options. I'd definitely do it again if I was deadset on staying N/A as the power definitely increased, especially in the top end.

K Spec

May 14, 2006
San Diego
Bishop92t said:
The Pacesetter header was nice once modified to fit me, course it costs more to modify it then it did to purchase the header...but at the time there weren't any other options. I'd definitely do it again if I was deadset on staying N/A as the power definitely increased, especially in the top end.
Modified to fit? The headers I bought, were advertised to bolt right on; made for the 7M-GE.