PA/NJ mk3 owners

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
hello i just looken for some mk3 owner in my area hoping to find some one in the south jersy or philadelphia area need some help with my mk3 and it be nice if some one in the area can take a look and tell me wat going on

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
I'm in Philly too. Why don't you just post up the symptoms here. Maybe we can help you out.

jcr2fast4u

7mlover
Jan 5, 2008
southern cali
87mk3;920329 said:
hello i just looken for some mk3 owner in my area hoping to find some one in the south jersy or philadelphia area need some help with my mk3 and it be nice if some one in the area can take a look and tell me wat going on

why whats wrong with it?

87mk3

umm...
Jan 30, 2008
philadelphia
eman2289;920379 said:
I'm in Philly too. Why don't you just post up the symptoms here. Maybe we can help you out.

man i tryed doing that but some time its hard to explain wat my car is doing some time its better to see in person but ive been geting a lot of answer saying that i have a BHG and the thing is i just got that replaced back in dec. but i dont think the mofo who did it knows wat he waz doing cuz the car still runs and feel the same after it waz done. here a list of wat i had done when i got the headgasket done and this is wat is day on my receipt.... total waz $1,434.49

$1,016.00
-cylinder head gasket romoved and replaced
includes: remove carbon, cheak for warpage, adjust valve and ingition timing where nessary
cheak turbocharger
cheak and change timing belt and belts

$325.00
-head work
clean head - cheak -
valve job
mill head
set valve adjustment
shaved .0018 oh head

$58.50
-fuel filter
removed & replaced hazardous materials

After that waz dont the car waz runing fine a cuple of hour. Still sell like burning coolant inside the car the guy told me that its burning wat waz left from befor so i paid no mind to it. Oh! By the waz this waz done in Va where i got the car. i got the car on dec.6,2007 from the shop. i drove around all that night to let the car beak in a lil befor make the trip back to Pa the next morning. (wasnt beating on it at all ) During the ride the car temp jumped up and down coolant waz over flowing and wat not but me being the way i am keep thinking the car is breaking in. (FYI i waz driving like and old lady the whole way let off the gas every time the car try to boost ) So when i got back to philly i cheak coolant and oil every thing waz still clean and still toped off but coolant waz still coming out the over flow. i just parked it and left it for a cuple of day untill i got my tags done which waz about a week later. the car start up fine but while driving temp gauge jump up to hot and fall back down i stop to take a look everything seem to be ok. when i started it up again thick white smoke came out the muffler so i tryed not to drive it as much. at this time i put about 3000 miles sence i got the head done and during that time my coolent look like it had oil in it, and smoke lots of white smoke. i got the oil changed on wendsday and yesterday morning started it up to take my girl to school at first every thing waz fine but then engine temp jump up and stayed up white smoke fill the inside if the car coming in from the vent so i pull over cut it off poped the hood and saw white smoke come out from a hose by the firewall on the pass side i open the rad cap and alot of steam came out i look in the over flow its waz filled to the top overflowing and steaming as well. i let it cool off for about 15 20 min the started up and poor more coolant in the rad and close up the cap and try to limp it home and its been siting like that ever sence. so any idea wat can be the prob im pretty sure u gonna tell me its a BHG and im pretty sure my self now that its a BHG so wat i got dont in VA was just a waste of time and money