Oxygen sensor

Boostin 7M

May 28, 2009
New York
How's it going guys. So after doing some looking under my hood, I noticed that the signal wire on the engine harness side (the shielded one) was broken right at the terminal. The odd thing about it is that it hasn't thrown a CEL, though I'm not sure if that would throw one. I installed a AFC neo to my 7m as well, I'm just wondering will this effect the tune?

Also if needed to be repaired, it is possible for me to splice the wires back together without the shielding in that area (seeing how the shield is broken)? Thanks guys.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It needs to be repaired if it is broken. If you cannot do it correctly, find somebody that can. And not having the MIL illuminated (check engine light on) doesn't mean you don't have one of the many TCCS codes for open/short signal.

Boostin 7M

May 28, 2009
New York
Yea I realized that's something I need to fix, especially seeing how I'm running the AFC. A friend of mine attempted to remove the terminal from the plug and accidentally broke the clip in the process. Fortunately i lucked out and found a donor harness in great shape. Think that'll remove the entire o2 sensor harness from the plug all the way to the ecu pin out and replace it.