Overwhelmed with information

alexscof

May 29, 2009
Pullman, Washington (WSU)
I've read through a lot of threads on different options for upgrading suspension. I cant really tell what would be best for what i'm looking for. I have a stock 89 with tems. I want to drop it about an inch and a half. I would like it to be a little tighter ride too. Its my daily driver and dont plan on taking it to the track so i would still like it to be comfortable. What shocks, what springs, what else do i need..? Forgive my ignorance, any help you can give would be awesome. Links to threads or opinions on what would work for me. Thanks

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
ma71supraturbo;1411204 said:
How much can you spend?

Bingo!

I'm guessing you would lose the use of your TEMS, with almost everything you do. Whatever you do, do not cut your stock springs for a drop. I ran my old 89 on 4 rear stock struts, and it gave me about a 1-2 inch drop in the front, and tightened up a sloppy ride. The car didn't have TEMS, so I can't comment on that.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
If you want to retain the Tems, you can go with the Tokico Blue.
I have this set-up with Eibach lowering springs. The ride is a little sportier (tighter) than stock but it's very very nice.

To step the ride up even more, look at the Suspension Techniques or WhiteLine anti-sway bars. If you go with the Suspension Techniques, you need to get the adjustable endlinks from BIC performance.

Do some more searching in the this suspension section before choosing.

Save up, you wont regret spending the dollars on suspension mods for our tank ass cars.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
bhmsupra;1411222 said:
If you want to retain the Tems, you can go with the Tokico Blue.

Tokico Blue = Tokico HP which is not compatible with TEMS. Tokico Illuminas are, but cost about double.

If you go with the Suspension Techniques, you need to get the adjustable endlinks from BIC performance.

You don't need them, people have been running ST sway bars long before BIc was around. 89+ cars are more likely to want to upgrade since they used plastic rear end links. Either way, its the tab on the rear arm that needs reinforcing (or you can just replace the entire arm with one from A1).

Last edited: