Overseas shipping of engine?

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Hi,

Just wondering, has anyone here got any experience with overseas shipping of engines/gearboxes? What would be the cost of this? Know it will be a lot, but will it be a silly amount meaning it's pointless to buy in the US?

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
IT cost me like $50 to ship a box smaller than 1cubic foot and under 5 lbs to your area. Weight is a big factor when shipping internationally. I would think its safe to assume its too expensive. When the engines come here from japan, they are packed in a shipping container and shipped on a boat to keep costs down.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Anything over 60 pounds is expensive.

I once won an auction in Europe for a 500cc bike engine.
The shipping was so expensive, that I just paid the guy the wopping $50 auction price, and told him to give the engine to a local high school shop class.
You need to look up some freight companys, and ask them what it will be.
Normally the item has to be crated, so the seller would need to find someone to do that, and then get it to his local frieght dock.
After they get in a container, and shipped to the US, you will then have to pay for trucking to your door, unless you live close to the port of entry.

All & all, it is a real pain in the ass..................

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Thanks for replies.

Not too much of a market over here.. the few engines that are for sale are around $1500-2500, which are stock GTE's. So that's why I'm thinking of maybe buying in the US.

Dutch7m

7m for live
Jun 3, 2007
The Netherlands
scotty;1487527 said:
Thanks for replies.

Not too much of a market over here.. the few engines that are for sale are around $1500-2500, which are stock GTE's. So that's why I'm thinking of maybe buying in the US.

Why don't you look around in other country's in Europe?

There are enough engine's/parts for our car's in England and Germany.
Even here in the Netherlands.
I don't know for what kind of engine you are looking?
Contact Arnout of www.supras.nl and www.suprasport.nl maybe he has something around.
prises for engine's over here are about:
7m- depends alot on the state of it 500-1250€
1jz- 2000€
2jz- 2500€