Overheating Issue only under boost

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Couldn't you get a cylinder pressure tester and just crank the psi up? Not insanely high or anything but at the estimated cylinder pressure while under said amount of boost.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
It looks like this 100'F heat is starting to get to the car so its just under boost anymore. I can almost always reolicate what happens by thrashing on the car it takes a few pulls though.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
What about at night when it cools down?

I have 110* days everyday out here and boosting never makes me overheat. Driving up a mountain on the other hand...

I have a aftermarket radiator and 2 electric fans (that don't flow as much as a clutch fan) and no undercover.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Devin LeBlanc;1852272 said:
yes, and its only a small leak which occurs when the cylinder pressures are raised with added boost. Both cars were on the exhaust side.

^ had the same issues for near 2 years before it finally failed a block test.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Fixed! It was the radiator I dunno what was wrong with the old one looked fine on the outside. Put a new radiator in and all my problems ceased. I did 15 pulls to 120 to get it really hot. No spikes, no boiling of the coolant, no overflowing overflow tank. It running nice and cool now.