overboosting

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
its a stock 1jzgte with a haltech.

I was just wondering what factory boost levels are for the twins, my brother's car is hitting 13lbs and then hits 15lbs around 6k rpm. I thought it was a gauge issue so i looked at the haltech...its hitting those boost levels. I imagine the wastegates are frozen or the lines to them are shot.

just need to know what i'm supposed to be hitting, and ideas on how to fix frozen wategates.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
thanks

its hitting 15lbs, all its got is a exhaust and a filter..I really don't want these turbos to explode until this fall, but i'll look at the wategate lines and see if there loose or shot.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
i was just wondering what stock was, most of the turbos that i've messed with; ct26 and fc3s stock turbo were around 5-10 psi stock, i just wanted to make sure what the 1jzgte is rated at stock.

with a intake and exhaust it allows the engine to breath little better and increases the psi the turbos will output, just because of alittle more exhaust flow. that's what bpu is, 12-13psi . Stock exhaust and intake should be right around 10 is what I'm understanding.

i just need to figure why its spiking to 15psi, its rpm related it does it the same in every gear, same rpm...its nick named vtec for now untill i get it fixed...I'm pretty sure its tune related

ahmed

Jan 31, 2009
cleveland
mine was hitting 15 psi with just a filter and full 3inch exhaust. when i pulled turbos they were fine

unless your racing your shadow all day i wouldnt let it bother you.