Out for blood in the north east of canada.

padraigmk3

undead
Oct 12, 2010
nova scotia
Before coils
IMG_1532..jpg
Now, raked like a lawn in the fall
IMG_1829..jpg
Hey guys! Just signed up, purchased a 1990 mk3 turbo targa 5 months ago and have been steadily putting money into it to get it to the point of being an eventual daily drifter and all around hate fueled domination machine. Right now pushing a reliable 300 horsepower & torque at 18 lbs boost. lots of induction/ engine/ trans/ clutch/ exhaust mods as well as full HSD coilover suspension and some other bits and pieces. My first question is this: steering angle. Other than putting the rack spacers on the inner tie rods, there aren't many effective mods that will make the angle go from night to day. I can't seem to find any inner tie rods that offer extra threading. I could reposition the spindle on the knuckle/hub but really, that's the last step in the process as i see it, it being a fairly extreme change to the OEM steering geometry. I've seen a few threads on angle but nothing that seems to take it into the realm of the extreme. Anyway, I'm looking forward to contributing here & making an ass of myself.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Welcome. If you run the spacers you will always be toed out so its not ideal for the streets. You can adjust the bump stops out more.

padraigmk3

undead
Oct 12, 2010
nova scotia
Thanks for the reply! Wouldn't I be able to make adjustment for toe out by adjusting the outer tie rod inwards?
p1632205_1.jpg

"Thread the inner tie rod end back into the outer tie rod and adjust the toe angle. (I applied a small amount of WD40 to the tie rod adjusting threads to help prevent them from rusting stuck in the future.) While making sure the steering wheel stays straight, line the front wheels up with the rear. This gets the alignment close enough for a test drive to better adjust it yourself or to take it to a shop."

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Nice car buddy, I recall that one being onsale on kijiji for awhile. One of the rare few tastefully modified ones locally. Good to have another active local. Where in NS are you around? Halifax I assume like 70% of the rest of us.

padraigmk3

undead
Oct 12, 2010
nova scotia
Yup, Halifax area. You? Tasteful is right, fell in love the minute i saw it. The previews owner took good care or it for the most part, seemed like a really straight up honest guy. I assume it wasn't him that used spray insulation foam and black gasket sealer to hold the interior and other areas together haha! :nono:

Janes

Sep 29, 2008
Halifax N.S
I talked to the previous owner of this car a few times and I have seen it down town Halifax a couple times this summer.