Otto-R / OMZ Racing Seats worth it?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Poodles;928889 said:
Cheap seats = breaks in an accident

Don't do it, get your seats redone, or swap them with cloth seats from a salvage yard or part out...
or just toss the pass. seat and just buy 1 seat... for you.... i think you know what seats to buy and which ones not to buy (in other words, please, for your own safety, don't cheap out)

Strozak

Oct 5, 2006
Lewiston, ME
I have Otto-R's in my setup and i think they are made pretty well for the price. I've been happy with them so far. I've reefed on them a bit and they seem pretty sturdy and i doubt i would have an issue in an accident but worst case my harness should hold me in :eek:)

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
I finally got the seat covers and got them installed. (The driver side was a PITA to do compared to the passenger) and it turns out the person who had it on auction on ebay was a member of this very forum! I missed his original for sale thread but I bumped into his ebay ad. If you'r reading this supraman thanks! I'm going to leave you positive feed back through ebay and supramania. Here are the pictures of the covers installed. It took a good washing to get most of the stains out but it was worth it.

Here was supramans original link, I'm sorry that I missed it the first time.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64412

Attachments

• DSC04914.JPG
    DSC04914.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC04915.JPG
    DSC04915.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC04916.JPG
    DSC04916.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC04917.JPG
    DSC04917.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
Bump to say thanks to everyone who pitched in ideas whether positive or negative on the seats to lead me this direction that I've chosen.

These cushions have foam in them as well and its pretty comfortable which was probably one thing I wouldn't of gotten from the other ones.

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
My supra wont hold a candle next to yours supra8903 but still its my precious lol. I doubt I'll ever put as much as you did but probably like 75% of what you did. Still a shame you deciding to sell it, it's an amazing car and very well cared for. (unlike my previous owner =/)