OS Giken Clutch issue

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
hey guys, i just installed an osgiken triple on my car, went ahead and bled the system with the new slave cylinder, and for one, it feels like pushing against a wall, pedal is stiff as hell.

pedal currently has about 1" of travel before engaging the system.

problem is, i cant get the car in gear while running, with the pedal all the way to the ground. although it goes into gear fine while off, if i leave it in gear, push the pedal down, and try to start it, it just jumps.

i realize this means the clutch isnt disengaging, but will that 1" of play on the pedal make up for it? also the OSGiken has an adjustable ball thing on the slave rod (ya that sounds messed up, cant think of another way to put it) that i can probably use to put the throwout closer to the pressure plate to start off with.

if anyones got some ideas, let me know

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
you dind't say anything about the adjustment screw on the master (on the pedal)

Sounds like you are pushing down too much fluid...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Its not the pedal. If you're pushing it and it feels like a brick wall is because its catching on something and not allowing the slave to work. Double check the push/pull converter.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
its working, i had the inspection cover off last night while bleeding it

the pedal goes to the floor, its just stiff as hell i kinda expected it after how my single disk osgiken felt

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I have the same issue with my supra!!!! I cant get it into gear while running. I looked at the slave and i can see it moving the pressure plate. I adjusted it with freeplay as the TSRM says and it still does it and i did it with out freeplay and its the same. I have no clue what i'm doing wrong either. I ordered a new flywheel and i'm going to rip the trans out and see what happens after. Hopefully i can figure it out.

This is with a driftmotion master cyl, slave, braided clutch line all new, ACT clutch with full face disk btw

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Don't have to pull the cotter pin to adjust the freeplay, just gotta loosen the lock nut and turn the shaft (should be easy as it doesn't sound preloaded).

I know there is some other adjustments with the OS Giken, but I haven't seen any directions for it...

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Bigzavs;1304760 said:
how stiff was the pedal feel on your quad disc?

It was very stiff, and luckily it was engaging correctly the first time I installed it. I just guessed on all of the adjustments. From there it took a good week to get it adjusted so it was somewhat drivable . It just takes a lot of tinkering.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Poodles;1304602 said:
Don't have to pull the cotter pin to adjust the freeplay, just gotta loosen the lock nut and turn the shaft (should be easy as it doesn't sound preloaded).

You're right, it's not pre-loaded. However, mine wouldn't spin unless I pulled the assy. apart. Then again, my black car was a P.O.S..

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Jeff Lange;1304888 said:
What type of OS Giken clutch do you have?

Jeff

TS3B if i was told correctly

hottscennessey;1305351 said:
It was very stiff, and luckily it was engaging correctly the first time I installed it. I just guessed on all of the adjustments. From there it took a good week to get it adjusted so it was somewhat drivable . It just takes a lot of tinkering.

good to hear, its significantly stiffer than my OSG single disk, i guess i get to start messing with the master and slave today............yay

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
hottscennessey;1305351 said:

haha scott... i had to replace the MC on ur old car... u and matt put that thing through hell:biglaugh:... the adj rod was bent and so was the fork joint that attaches to the adj rod... lol... and i had to do it all in a gas station parking lot... lolz