Original Engine?

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
Hey guys I just remembered that there was a way to tell if the engines been removed from a car before and I wanted to know how to tell. I'm just curious and would like to make sure that the engine in my car is an original engine. I remember it had something to do with scratches somewhere in the engine bay but if there are other ways to tell I'd be more than happy to hear them.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario
loll no no its there its just that the cars sitting and I thought there would be an easier way of seeing it but if thats the only way to tell then I guess I'll just have to do it

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
You could probably also see it if you removed the AFM and accordian, and probably mover that damn power steering resevoir out of the way. I'm not sure if you can see it this way, but it may be worth a try. Those don't take too long to remove and replace.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
didn't think there was any way to tell if the engine was original...

The older cars had the same number on the engine as on the rest of the car, hence the "numbers matching" cars that go for tons of cash...

Why would you want the original engine so badly?

KMinAF

Old Man
Sep 15, 2006
American Fork, UT
Often replacement engines have a heat sink button (I think that is what they are called) that indicates if the engine has been overheated attached to a water jacket core plug. You might check for that.