Ordering a jdm 1jz-gte

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
You want to take a real close look at the engine you're buying. If you look at the pics of the one you posted it doesn't look like it comes with an ecu, map sensor, ignitor, or starter. The extra little things can be hard to find and add up. I ordered one from JDMracingmotors and it came complete with all accessories. It also had a compression test video, mileage, and was the cleanest one I could find so I went for it. It came in perfect shape and still runs great. Take your time and find the best one possible even if you have to save a little more money.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Tiger japanese is a waste of time. Simple google search will tell you that.

I got mine from Jdm engine corp. was clean and complete.

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
I got my 2jzgte vvti from JDM engine corp as well. They were local and I could inspect the engine in person.

I am just completing a rebuild of this engine, because I wanted it to have new pistons,etc,etc- as we were ripping it down, it was in great shape to start with. No need to oversize anything.

Worth it to find a good engine. Say away from tiger jap

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Hi

Agree with other posts about Tiger Direct.

I would not purchase from them .. Too many people have
been burnt so be very careful..

We purchased our 1JZGT / 1/2 from Japan Auto Parts - Toronto - we are in Canada.

For the little extra, purchasing 1/2 cut versus engine and tranny = made sense to us
and in long run - will cost you less. $2800 cdn / around $us2600 ..

Had less than 50000 miles on it - even had record of last oil changes .

One thing you will have to do is to check the ecu - they are over 20 years old and
common problem is leak capacitors - cheap fix.

Good luck

doug