opinion's please (engine swap)

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
The older miata body used to have a conversion called a "monster miata" or the "mega monster miata" = + BLower :D, and the mega monsters had tasteful flares on them to make them a modern day shelby type car. I love the v8 sound but would only drop a cast iron v8 in a miata if i did alot of drag racing. I'd do a turbo rotary or turbo kit on the stock engine for daily driving or autocross. Sounds like any way you go itll be a fun and long process

hks_trinidad

Aug 25, 2006
nyc
a 13b turbo would be crazy in there . i saw a miata with a sr20 motor in it at englishtown had a .30r with a 300zx transmission that thing was fassstt he said the car can hit low 10s at full boost .if you want the car for all around racing keep it a 4cyl or rotary as it would be better for weight distribution in my opinion.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
hks_trinidad said:
a 13b turbo would be crazy in there . i saw a miata with a sr20 motor in it at englishtown had a .30r with a 300zx transmission that thing was fassstt he said the car can hit low 10s at full boost .if you want the car for all around racing keep it a 4cyl or rotary as it would be better for weight distribution in my opinion.

Yup low tens :)

I have plenty of pics if you need any! That guy was really cool dude to! His wife had a neon RT auto that ran low 12's

DDR_Man70

May 16, 2007
fairfield, ca
or you can get a 5 liter from toyota... hard to find a 2UR though... i believe its out of the new ls600h.... muahahahahaha!

fuck im tired...

Last edited: