Opinions on ANTI-Spyware

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I'm loooking other peoples opinion on antispyware. Anyone have good reliable spyware? JUst kinda wondering what are the pro's and con's. Looking for recommendations.

Thanks!! :1zhelp:

Last edited by a moderator:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Malwarebytes, Spybot Search & Destroy and Eset NOD 32 Anti-Virus seem to work well as a combo.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Hijack This is a great tool as well, but you MUST know what you're doing with it...

I always liked Ad-Aware, but I tend to use the microsoft security essentuals these days.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Poodles;1717333 said:
Hijack This is a great tool as well, but you MUST know what you're doing with it...

That's why I never suggest it to people who ask... (Generally those who know enough to use it safely already know about it) It's a dangerous tool for the neophyte. If you do decide to use HiJackThis, follow the tutorial here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial42.html

And don't ignore the part about posting results to the HiJackThis forum and asking for help.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I always suspected that people who make anti-spyware programs were in cahoots with the people who make bugs, kinda like the people in roadworks are related to the people with jackhammers in the night... job security. :p

That said, in over 5 years with my current setup void of any anti-spyware software or virus protection, I've only had to fix things maybe twice...